Search Our Jobs
Stomo Therapist RN Colon and rectal surgeryJob ID 148304 Date posted 05/23/2018
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Develops and conducts contact hour and non-contact hour workshops, related to his/her scope of practice, to the nursing and medical staff.
2. Provides direct patient care and administers planned therapies to patients within his/her scope of practice.
3. Defines the role of ET Nurse to nursing personnel.
4. Assists the ostomy and or wound care patient through the rehabilitation process, identifying the need for referrals and/ or requesting consultation to augment nursing care.
5. Provides the ostomy and or wound care patient with the needed information so he/she can progress to self-care.
6. Communicates with the nursing staff caring for patients within her scope of practice and assists them in developing a nursing care plan that will provide continuity of care.
7. Collaborates with physician and other health care professionals in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care.
8. Maintains and displays knowledge of current professions/clinical issues and practices through participation in a professional organization and certification in field of nursing. Uses evidence based resources to implement necessary changes in the delivery of nursing care and/or nursing practice.
9. Develops, updates and revises policies, procedures and standards of care within his/her scope of practice.
10. Develops teaching goals in collaboration with the patient/families demonstrating achievement of these goals with documentation of patient outcomes.
11. Implements quality assurance program/performance improvement initiatives that are meaningful and relevant to the patient population served.
12. Participates in nursing research projects.
13. Participates in Shared Governance Councils and/or nursing/organization committees.
14. Develops new opportunities, tools or methods for teaching.
15. Assists staff in identification, prioritization and follow-through of patient care issues as related to her scope of practice.
16. Determines appropriate support surfaces for patients at risk of developing pressure sores.
17. Demonstrates, teaches, and documents nursing care practices and their application to patient care.
18. Delegates work appropriately and provides direction and guidance to support personnel.
19. Acts as a catalyst and/or initiator for the development of innovative methods for the improvement of patient care within her scope of practice.
20. Respects the values (religious/spiritual, ethnic, cultural) of the patient and family.
21. Participates in activities that benefit the community.
22. Maintains CPR certification and, meets JCAHO requirements.
23. Adheres to Universal Precautions and OSHA guidelines, utilizing personal protective equipment as required.
24. Demonstrates understanding of role in emergency procedures, fire drills, evacuation procedures, internal/external disaster plans and hazardous communication procedures.
25. Maintains confidentiality of patient records and demonstrates discretion when discussing patient information.
26. Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
27. Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
28. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
29. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
30. Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
31. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards
32. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
33. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
34. Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Knowledge of nursing theory and practice acquired through completion of an accredited program of professional nursing in order to be eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Must possess current Commonwealth of Massachusetts license as a Registered Nurse. Must possess certification in Wounds, Ostomy, Continence Nursing. Maintain BCLS certification with American Heart Association
Experience: Minimum of two years medical/surgical experience.
DAYS, no weekend.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.