Search Our Jobs
Infection Control Preventionist 40 hrs DaysJob ID 148322 Date posted 06/28/2018
Under general supervision, responsible for infection prevention and control functions of surveillance for specific nosocomial infectious diseases; reporting of cases involving the possible spread of infection; outbreak investigation; analysis and interpretation of data concerning epidemiologic investigations; institution of control measures; and program evaluation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Collects, records and analyzes data on nosocomial infections based on facility needs; devises target areas for nosocomial surveillance, and makes recommendations for control measures or interventions.
2) Assists with infection control services for patient care areas by applying epidemiologic principles to decrease patient risk for infection in a cost efficient manner.
3) Educates individuals/small groups on a daily basis regarding adherence to principles of Body Substance Precautions, and other specific infection control precautions as indicated to reduce infection and risk and initiation of special isolation protocols as needed for outbreaks.
4) Conducts in-service education classes on aseptic techniques, infection control and prevention, antiseptics and disinfectants, specific infectious disease and other related health care issues.
5) Initiates and conducts outbreak investigations.
6) Reviews laboratory reports and communicates possible communicable disease issues/problems with affected areas of the hospital.
7) Provides infection prevention and control services for the bone marrow transplant program and outpatient and outreach areas.
8) Provides infection prevention and control services for the bone marrow transplant program and outpatient and outreach areas.
9) Assists with the establishment of standards of infection control practice that is scientifically based and consistent with regulatory requirements.
10) Assists with the review and commendation of medical products and engineering control required for infection control safety standards
11) Conducts research to document information on infection prevention and control problems/issues
12) Assists with community infection control issues through outreach to/from facilities and practitioners
13) Assists with HIV and TB infection control activities.
14) Organizational Requirements:
• Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic Confidentiality Policy.
• Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
• Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
• Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
• Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
• Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
• Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
• Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Bachelor?s Degree in Nursing or a Bachelor?s Degree in Medical Technology
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Commonwealth of Massachusetts or a Bachelor?s Degree in Medical Technology, biological science, or related area, or equivalency; ASCP registration is required. Certification in infection control from the Certification Board of Infection Control required.
Experience: .Three years of experience in hospital infection control.
DAYS/ Monday - Friday 8 hour shifts
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.