Search Our Jobs
Patient LiaisonJob ID 148320 Date posted 05/17/2018
The Nursing Liasion Patient Experience is a member of the Nursing Department?s Leadership Team and the Patient Experience team who supports a culture and program of patient centered care and service excellence across the Nursing Department. The Nursing Liasion Patient Experience reports directly to the SVP/CNO and works collaboratively with the LHS Director of Patient Experience. The Nursing Liasion Patient Experience also works with nursing leaders and staff in the implementation of the Lahey Health brand and culture of patient centered care and service excellence. He/she will assist in implementing standards and core competencies, monitoring goals, developing educational and training models, coaching and mentoring colleagues, and incorporating patient and family feedback to continuously improve the patient and family experience. This position will serve as a resource, role model and coach to all colleagues across the Lahey Hospital Medical Center in making the patient the center of all we do.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Serves as a key player on the nursing leadership team in the execution of system and organizational patient experience standards and targets to drive culture change and significant changes in performance.
2. Collaborates with nursing leaders and staff nurses peers in Lahey Hospital Medical Center in the optimization of the patient experience across the system.
3. Supports the work of Lahey Health Director of Patient Experience in needs assessment processes and consults or facilitates with individuals or groups to assure improvement of the patient experience.
4. Responsible for the coordination of all activities associated with the Patient Centered Care and Service Excellence process within the nursing department.
5. Participates in the implementation of training events and projects to promote patient centered care and service excellence.
6. Is a member of the Patient Advisory Committee and seeks opportunities to incorporate patients and families as members of organizational committees and improvement work across the system.
7. Collaborates in the customer relations programs and institutes changes that enhance Patient Centered Care and Service Excellence in processes, procedures, policies and accountability across the system.
8. Works with nursing leaders to lead patient centered care approaches by leading just in time problem resolution and modeling problem resolution and conflict management.
9. Interprets and reviews patient experience survey results and works with managers to identify opportunities for local strategies to improve the patient experience.
10. Works with nursing leadership to Identify target areas for improvement, consults with leadership in the development of action plans, monitors successes, and communicates results and serve as a change agent within the department.
11. Collaborates with nursing leaders in the assessment of colleague satisfaction and in identification of best practices particularly as they align with the patient centered care/service excellence work.
12. Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Education: Minimum BSN
Licensure, Certification & Registration: Massachusetts RN license
Experience: A minimum of 5 years in nursing leadership roles with demonstrated expertise and accomplishment in patient centered care delivery.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to drive change and collaborate across organizations and disciplines
- Skilled in data analysis and reporting.
- Facility with survey design, development and execution.
- Evidence of success in leading and inspiring major system change.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.