Search Our Jobs
Coordinator Patient Reg & SchedulingJob ID 148301 Date posted 05/25/2018
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Registers new and established patients, verifies & updates all insurance & demographic information and is accountable for collecting accurate data.
2) Interacts with all patients when scheduling appointments to insure patient satisfaction. Identifies Workers Compensation, Automobile accident and self pay insurance to insure accuracy of insurance information for timely billing.
3) Notifies all patients by phone of any changes in appointments 100% of the time. All transactions: cancels, reschedules and bumped appointments.
4) Demonstrates understanding of managed care guidelines and booking rules.
5) Demonstrates understanding of Ref MD access rules and significance of inputting Ref MD information.
6) Triages all appointments to appropriate resource, within 98% degree of accuracy and in appropriate time frame. Schedules multiple appointments in the proper sequence within appropriate time frames. Demonstrates an understanding of patients medical/surgical problems for timely access. Escalates questions/issues in a timely manner by seeking assistance from identified resources in order to facilitate access and patient/provider satisfaction. Demonstrates proactive problem solving skills to provide the best possible patient outcome.
7) Enters all future appointment requests as REMINDERS appropriately making sure to indicate patient preferences or exclusions for dates and/or times. Interacts with patient when scheduling reminders to insure patient satisfaction and accuracy of demographic and insurance information.
8) Accurately statuses appointments to insure timely billing.
9) Collects accurate co-pay in accordance with established cash handling procedures and clinic guidelines.
10) Verifies eligibility with 3rd party payers by way point of services devices (POS), batch internet technology and/or with follow-up interaction with the patient.
11) Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills; responsiveness, empathy and willingness to assess and respond to individual patient needs 100% of the time. Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to work closely with internal customers to maximize patient satisfaction.
12) Maintains a professional relationship with the Lahey Clinic Team 100% of the time. Maintains confidentiality of all patient information in accordance with Lahey Clinic Policies
13) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
14) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
15) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
16) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
17) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
18) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
19) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
20) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
21) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School Diploma
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Requires excellent communication skills required to interface with patients and all levels of clinic personnel. Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy. Knowledge of personal computers. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: 1 year of customer service experience; six months year personal computer experience.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.