Search Our Jobs
MD Scheduler 1st shift 40hrsJob ID 148294 Date posted 05/17/2018
Under the general supervision of the Central Appointment Office Director, and within established hospital, clinic, and departmental policies and procedures, performs physician scheduling functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Provides high quality customer service and excellent communication skills when interacting with both internal and external customers
2) Establishes a professional relationship with physicians, secretaries and clinical manager to facilitate patient access and physician satisfaction.
3) Maintains confidentiality of patient information when accessing scheduling information.
4) Creates and maintains all approved physician, physician extenders and diagnostic test schedules. This includes teaching, on-call services, coverage, absences, etc.
5) Monitors schedules to continuously facilitate coordinator and patient access.
6) Works closely with scheduling coordinators when creating or changing schedule (e.g. commenting) to ensure ease and understanding of booking process.
7) Meets regularly with chair, clinical managers and individual physicians to continually monitor and suggest scheduling changes based on access needs.
8) Leads work groups and staff meetings to continually improve scheduling processes and address access needs. Implements changes.
9) Writes and reviews all pertinent departmental scheduling standards and policies with director in collaboration with chair, clinical manager and or designee.
10) Maintains department scheduling standards screens with designated Appointment Coordinator.
11) Demonstrates an integral role in training of AO personnel.
12) Escalates all scheduling concerns and issues to Director to facilitate physician and coordinator satisfaction.
13) Maintains master book of department scheduling standards.
14) Maintains appropriate documentation, statistics, logs, and files as required.
15) Organizational Requirements:
Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic Confidentiality Policy.
Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Associate degree required.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: Excellent communication skills required to interact with physicians, coordinators and all levels of clinic personnel. 3-5 years experience with Lahey Clinic appointment scheduling system and processes. Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.