Search Our Jobs
Department SecretaryJob ID 148314 Date posted 05/24/2018
Assumes responsibility for providing skilled, creative, high quality administrative and secretarial duties under the direction and supervision of the designated supervisor. Is expected to work effectively and collaboratively with the multidisciplinary treatment team and administrative staff to enhance the smooth delivery of quality patient care.
1. Support the administrative and clinical staff in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
2. Serve as a preceptor for new employees and educate staff, as needed.
3. Utilizes supervision to enhance professional improvement and development.
4. Maintain a solid understanding of hospital policies and protocols, and practices within those policies and protocols.
5. Participate in ongoing quality improvement studies that will have positive patient care outcomes.
6. Cover necessary responsibilities for other secretaries or the receptionist during breaks, meal times and vacations.
7. Make phone calls to cover any sick calls and maintain proper staffing levels on the unit/department assigned and inform supervisor of any changes in staffing.
8. Report all patient care information received via fax, mail or phone call to the appropriate Clinical or Administrative staff member in assigned area.
9. Assist any consulting physicians, nurse practitioners, etc., in obtaining any information they need in order to complete their consultation.
10. Initiate and maintain patient care/staff records as designated in the department assigned.
11. Demonstrate suitable organizational skills in arranging appointments, schedules and room assignments and keep work area neat, clean and organized.
12. Coordinate the ordering of office supplies, maintenance requests and all other operational functions to ensure smooth operations within the department assigned.
13. Answers phone in a professional manner, identifying self and department, while maintaining patient confidentiality.
14. Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR, Risk Management and Aggression Management.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent with a college degree preferred. Prior secretarial experience preferred, with a familiarity with word processors / computers / faxes and can type at 40 wpm. Knowledge of medical terminology. Demonstrates a willingness to learn as well as teach with positive and effective interpersonal relations skills. Ability to use sound administrative practices. Work cooperatively and effectively with others with ability to adapt to changes in the workplace. Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number 148314 to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.