Search Our Jobs
Outpatient Physical TherapistJob ID 18-555 Date posted 09/11/2018
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital's mission by performing a comprehensive patient evaluation and establishing a working diagnosis to develop an appropriate treatment plan. Work side by side with experienced physical therapists that are Fellowship trained in manual therapy, Neurologic rehab and vestibular rehab. Be part of a team that is highly skilled in treating a variety of patient diagnosis.
This position will enable you to use your skills to grow and expand services in the orthopedic, neuro/balance falland functionally impaired patient population. Teamwork defines the culture of our organization and continues to be the driving force for our success. We seek solutions and ownership in our work. We care about each other and patients we serve.
- Deliver effective physical therapy services that patients can appreciate demonstrated by patient and physician satisfaction.
- Provide direct care to a variety of diagnoses while continuing to develop skills that specialize in neuro, gait and balance disorders, deconditioning and loss of functional abilities in an outpatient setting.
- Help develop standards of care where appropriate for quality, compliance, to ensure optimal clinical care is delivered and operating results are achieved. This is done collaboratively with stakeholders such as treating therapists, interdisciplinary teams and specialists.
- Conduct patient and family education.
- Create a positive work environment to promote teamwork and communication effectively within Winchester Hospital policy and procedures.
- Proficient in Epic documentation to provide accurate and timely documentation meeting insurance requirements.
- Present clinical education in-services to internal and external departments when identified..
- Be part of collaborative relationships throughout the Winchester Hospital and Lahey Health System.
- Demonstrate strong skills in time management, leadership, and communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft office and or Google software application.
- Cultivate key customer relationships and participate in occasional promotion of services within the community and surrounding area.
Required: Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited program. Successful completion of all clinical affiliations and certificate requirements for an APTA accredited physical therapy program
Preferred: DPT degree
Required: Clinical experience in an outpatient setting. 3 years PT experience working
with neuro, ortho, balance and fall populations.
Preferred: At least three months as an outpatient physical therapist in orthopedics. Previous outpatient exposure as an aide or on clinical affiliation, manual therapy and workers compensation.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS:
Required: Massachusetts Physical Therapy License