Search Our Jobs
Nurse Manager, Boston Treatment Center - 40 hoursJob ID 148258 Date posted 05/12/2018
Responsible for the management of the medical/nursing services provided in the detoxification unit, ensuring full compliance with the protocols/directives of the Medical Director and Program Director.
1. Plans, organizes, directs, and controls nursing activities of a level 3.7 detoxification facility.
2. Maintains 24-hour accountability for quality of care and nursing staffing on the Detox Unit.
3. Supervises Nursing Staff, Admissions Nurses and Team Lead as assigned.
4. Provides clinical leadership in application of the Nursing Process to assess, diagnose, determine outcomes, plan, implement and evaluate care for persons withdrawing from addiction to alcohol, opiates, benzodiazepines and/ or other substances.
5. Collaborates with the divisional VP, PD, and Medical Director to develop and revise policies, procedures, and clinical protocols for care of patients on Detox Unit.
6. Ensures that the Agency's standards of care are met through: ongoing consultation with the Medical Director; application of Quality Assurance and Customer Service Programs, implementation of Utilization Review mechanisms; structuring clinical supervision; provision of direct care as needed; and implementation of an established maintenance plan. Makes data available to the Director of Nursing to support Quality Assurance Program.
7. Monitors compliance with budget, including staffing, scheduling, productivity analysis, and supply costs.
8. Ensures that Standards of Addictions Nursing Practice, including Standards of Care and Standards of Professional Performance are carried out by nursing staff, and that direct care staff support standards of care in their interactions with patients on the Detox Unit.
9. Reviews clinical incidents with the PD, divisional VP, and/or Medical Director. If needed, revises processes of care to decrease incidents.
10. Demonstrates leadership and role models skills required to maintain a therapeutic milieu on the unit.
11. Maintains a safe and secure environment on the unit.
12. Maintains ongoing relationships with community services, including police, state agencies, and other health care providers.
13. Attends morning rounds, treatment team meetings, program leadership meetings, and other meetings as needed.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Manages all Nursing Staff. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Listens and gets clarification when needed; responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from consumers, regulatory agencies, or other service providers.
RN w/BSN and a robust background in clinical practice and management with four to ten years related experience and/or training from an approved, accredited school of nursing.
CPR certification required.
Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason when dealing with emotional topics. Manages difficult or emotional client situations; Responds promptly to client needs and maintains confidentiality.
Computer literate in standard desktop applications such as Windows, Word, and Excel.
Full time, 40 hours per week, benefited position
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number 148258 to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.