Search Our Jobs
Tech Aide & Patient Flow CoordinatorJob ID 148230 Date posted 06/01/2018
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Accurately prepares room and patient for procedure, assuring all needed exam equipment is available prior to the start of the exam.
2. Collect information by interview from the patient, family or significant other and other health care providers.
3. Completes assessments by utilizing the medical record and radiology requisition(s) or verbal orders to ensure appropriateness of procedures ordered.
4. Ensures effective interaction with patient by utilizing an empathetic approach.
5. Ensures that patients are able to ambulate on their own when necessary or, if not, they are given the proper supervision and assistance.
6. Establishes appropriate and effective communication with patient and/or family member in order to complete the procedure.
7. Implements departmental and facility's standard by following the established policies and procedures.
8. Initiates applicable 'incident reports' by end of shift and reports incomplete and incorrect examination to ensure that the proper patient charges and continuity of care.
9. Is available and accessible to the patient.
10. Keeps patient and family members informed of the progress and/or delays with patient's procedure.
11. Makes an accurate assessment of the patient's condition/status, thus ensuring appropriateness of procedure ordered.
12. Manages and communicates information through various processes, which include but are not limited to the following: computers; telephone/paging systems. Provide thorough and accurate information on the film or notepad such as:
a. Correct patient identification information
b. Correct requisition
c. Correct image annotation
d. Technologist initials
13. Monitors the patient continuously when they are having exams that include contrast injections.
14. Must effectively coordinate care with other members of the healthcare team to ensure optimal patient care.
15. Notifies appropriate supervisory personnel of shortages of supplies, unusual problems or situations within the department, messages from other departments or nuclear medicine staff and/or any patient scheduling.
16. Proactively and accurately performs additional job functions at designated secondary site.
17. Properly follows established policies and procedures for reporting and documenting equipment problems.
18. Properly identifies oneself and properly identifies patient prior to the start of a procedure as established by departmental policies and procedures.
19. Provide thorough and accurate documentation regarding adverse reactions to drugs/contrast utilizing established documentation forms and forwards forms to appropriate personnel.
20. Provides thorough and accurate documentation in the Medical Record of the radiopharmaceutical and/or pharmaceutical doses given to the patient.
21. Quality Control: the technologist aide will assist in:
a. The accurate performance of QC on cameras, dose calibrators and uptake probe as assigned.
b. Monitor results and take corrective action or initiate repairs as appropriate.
22. Radiation Safety:
a. Practices established radiation protection and safety protocols for self, staff and patients with 100% accuracy.
b. Wears film badge(s) as required.
c. Performs radiation surveys and wipe tests when assigned and documents results with 100% accuracy.
d. Checks all doses for the correct labeling and content prior to injection.
e. Appropriately disposes of radioactive waste and correctly documents its' disposition.
23. Readily and willingly contributes to the team approach, in order to provide the best possible patient care and service.
24. Reports all safety hazards that could harm patients, visitors or other hospital employees to appropriate supervisors immediately at all times.
25. SynTrac Documentation: The technologist aide will assist in data entry into the computer with 100% accuracy, 100% of the time.
26. Upon completion of procedure properly cleans and organizes room and performs any necessary cleaning of equipment as established by departmental policies and procedures standards.
27. Uses the proper procedure to page for emergency help within the Radiology Department.
28. Utilizes the proper procedure for emergency codes, such as Code 99 and Code Red.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Good interpersonal skills and patient care skills required.
Experience: Previous patient care or customer service work is a plus, but OJT is available.
EVE, 10hr shifts, Saturday and Sunday
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.