Search Our Jobs
Director, Cash & Customer ServiceJob ID 148185 Date posted 06/12/2018
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Under the administrative oversight of the SVP Finance, Patient Financial Services, this position plans, sets goals and objectives, determines priorities, monitors results and manages all responsibilities of the Department.
2) Ensures that policies and procedures are up to date and followed, to insure that patients are billed accurately and timely, in accordance with governmental and payer specific rules, regulations and guidelines.
3) Responsible for managing, maintaining and upgrading certain components of the practice management and other computer system(s). Coordinates these activities with IT, Vendors, Support Services Departments, Finance, Clinical Departments and within Patient Financial Services.
4) Continually works with providers, clinical department, support services, IT, vendors and patient financial services colleagues to improve and design work processes and software enhancements to optimize the effectiveness of the entire revenue cycle. This includes;
- Accurate and complete patient registration
- Timely verification and reconciliation of electronically received charge or remittance revenue transactions originating from a variety of charge capture and specialty driven computer systems and health insurers.
- Oversees the customer service staff who assist customers with statement, bill and copay issues to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Works with all the LH hospitals, off sites practices, and departments (LHMC) throughout the organization to ensure the daily cash bag is balanced and everything is documented on cash sheet as appropriate
- Working in a SBO (Single Billing Office), gains knowledge in Hospital and Professional Billing in order to assist the customer on questions related to their bills and statements received from insurance companies.
- Oversees the reconciliation of unapplied cash, payment plans, cosmetic services, self pay credits and refunds
- Oversees self pay payment posting
- Responsible for the disbursement and documentation of Petty cash for LHMC
- Oversees the Preparation of and reconciliation of bank deposits
- Monitors the Deposit tool to ensure timely deposits from off-sites
- Investigates debits and credits for Finance department
- Attends meetings and serves on committees as requested.
- Provides and promotes ideas geared toward process improvements within the Central Billing Office.
- Responsible for the development and continued growth of new hire training.
5) Responds to and helps coordinate all internal and external audits that effect the department
6) Under administrative oversight, independently:
- Interviews and makes final selection of applicants for employment.
- Reviews work schedules for staff.
- Makes decisions about job performance ratings.
- Selects colleagues for transfer, promotion, and special training to ensure most effective utilization of individual skills and staff development.
- Supervises work performance of the staff to ensure adherence to established standards.
- Reviews work performance and makes decisions for pay increases, promotions, transfers and other human resource actions.
- Trains new staff in department policies and procedures.
- Orients colleagues that are new to area or new to the performance of specific tasks.
- Establishes work schedules and assigns staff to specified areas of the department.
- Counsels, disciplines and recommends discharge as necessary.
- Determines if retraining is necessary.
Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Licensure, Certification, Registration: none required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Comprehensive knowledge of the components and aspects associated with billing for a large multi-speciality academic group practice. Demonstrated success and ability in building and maintaining a competent team of managers and staff. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to create and perform presentations to professional audiances. Excellent reporting and analytical skills. In depth knowledge of practice management and revenue cycle systems and software. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain productive and professional relationships with clinical, adminstrative and support staff managers. Excellent problem identificaiton and solving skills. Proficient in using microsoft excel, word and e-mail. Demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: Minimum 5 years experience in a management position within a large multi-specialty professional billing organization
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.