Search Our Jobs
Chief Operating Officer, Lahey Clinical Performance Network (LCPN) & Lahey Clinical Performance Accountable Care Organization (LCP-ACO)Job ID 148183 Date posted 05/09/2018
The Chief Operating Officer, LCPN & LCP-ACO is responsible and accountable for the overall operations and performance of all Lahey Clinical Performance Network and Lahey Clinical Performance ACO business functions, including day-to-day administrative management, finance, and decision-making. Reporting to, and working with the President, LCPN & LCP-ACO; the Chief Operating Officer will work to establish strategic priorities, develop network programs and offerings, manage network operations and funds flow, and ensure Network success and value to its Network providers. Working in a dyad partnership with the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), the Chief Operating Officer will oversee the quality efficiency and patient satisfaction performance of the Network supporting System goals in population-based coordinated healthcare.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
The Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for developing and managing the overall business operations of the Management Service Organization (MSO) and the Accountable Care Organization (ACO). The individual is expected to develop and implement strategic business plans in support of the Network.
The Chief Operating Officer will optimize the performance of an integrated Network including community hospitals, medical groups with multiple practice sites, access managed care market, increase market share, run an efficient operation and establish the preeminent Population Health Management Network in New England.
Specifically, the principal functions of the Chief Operating Officer, include:
1. Network Development / Collaboration / Education
a. Develop and maintain an organizational structure that will include the risk contracting and population management network for Lahey Health.
b. Recommend and implement strategic, business, marketing and operating plans. Assist the President in policy development and decision-making by providing options for consideration and information. Keep the President informed about current trends, problems and operational activities
c. In conjunction with the President, implement the business plan, and oversee recruitment, credentialing, and oversight of participants in the Network.
d. Create an effective interface for network membership for cross-collaboration between members that promotes high quality, efficient care delivery throughout the network.
e. Plan, develop, and/or review materials for education of network members and providers.
f. Effectively interface with the senior management team, the Lahey Health Board of Trustees, LCPN & LCP-ACO Boards of Directors, physicians, employees, affiliated organizations, community, other health care organizations, employees, government agencies and third party payers in representing the MSO and ACO.
g. Establish an organizational structure that promotes an innovative and entrepreneurial climate for accomplishing the organization?s objectives.
2. Contract Implementation
a. Work in collaboration with the Lahey Health CFO and VP, Contracting to design, negotiate and monitor payment arrangements with commercial payers.
b. Effectively collaborate with VP, Contracting, and the contracting team, to implement population health risk contracts throughout the network.
c. Support the operational relationship with the payors, representing LCPN & LCP-ACO
3. Performance Management of Network
a. Prioritize and implement annual Performance Goals for the Network that ensures success in Network population health risk contracts.
b. In conjunction with the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), oversee Utilization and Quality Improvement initiatives for the network:
i. Implement care processes to support high performance in Network population health risk contracts.
ii. Maintain and oversee regular performance reporting for network and member performance.
iii. Ensure regular sharing of this information across LCPN & LCP-ACO and with the various work groups in Lahey Health.
c. Work in close collaboration with the Lahey Health employed medical group leadership to manage the overlapping functions of LCPN provider needs, care process compliance as well as credentialing and quality measurement
d. Develop standards of care for all Accountable Care Units (ACUs) within the MSO and ACO.
4. Service Development
a. Develop specific services that enhance Network membership, and are necessary to support a dynamic, growing Network organization.
b. Coordinate with Lahey Health System managers that provide functional services to LCPN as part of their responsibility to enhance the success of the LCPN Network
5. Governance Development/Management
a. Lead and provide guidance for all operational committees and task forces of the LCPN Board of Directors, to include provision of support and information to the Board of Directors, as well as other Committees and key leadership meetings including, but not limited to, Funds Flow Committee, Network Operations and Strategy Committee.
6. Network Funds Flow
a. Develop and Manage Funds Flow Methodology for LCPN and LCPACO:
i. Determine key elements of a successful Funds Flow methodology
ii. Work with the Funds Flow Committee to develop a Funds Flow methodology
iii. Integrate suggestions from ACU?s in terms of Funds Flow methodology
iv. Gain approval from the LCPN and LCPACO Boards for the Funds Flow methodology
7. Infrastructure Management ? Operations, Budget, General Administration
a. Develop and manage the infrastructure and oversee the day-to-day operations, policies, systems and procedures of the MSO & ACO, serving Population Health Management goals
b. Personnel Management:
i. Provide leadership and supervision to LCPN & LCP-ACO professional administrative staff, potentially including functional managers in the areas of project management, payer relations, finance/analytics, and information technology
ii. Develop improved management techniques and provide direction to and supervise all subordinate personnel through the respective departmental managers.
iii. Resolve any administrative problems and keep lines of communication open with staff to ensure high employee morale.
c. Financial Management:
i. Responsible for the financial performance of LCPN, including budget, capital expenditure authority, financial reporting and management of payment functions with all participating providers
Education: Master?s Degree
1. 10 years of experience in managed care operations, with working knowledge of finance, practice management, and quality improvement relevant to outpatient care.
2. Experience in planning, developing, organizing, financing, staffing, problem resolution, delegating, marketing, executing and evaluating performance must be demonstrated.
3. Prior experience managing a highly complex situation and/or a medical group affiliated with hospitals.
4. Experience in planning, developing, organizing, financing, staffing, problem resolution, delegating, marketing, executing and evaluating performance.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
1. The candidate should have strong development, analytic and systems building skills.
2. The candidate must be facile with physician relations, developing systems and procedures, developing and operating a capitated managed care infrastructure, continuous quality improvement, human resources management and fiscal management.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The successful candidate must have an executive demeanor and the ability to deal with physicians, senior management, local industry, payer organizations and the board of trustees.
4. Capable of serving as a spokesperson and leader of the integration process and communicate the vision to others in the community.
5. A well-defined style which demonstrates confidence, maturity, self-motivation, high energy, collaboration, high intellect and leadership qualities. Excellent interpersonal skills, be an appropriate risk taker, politically savvy, diplomatic, able to deal with ambiguity, flexible, organized, results oriented, a hard worker, a quick study, good with details and have integrity.
5. A facilitator who can further this organization to serve the evolving Network.
6. Excellent managerial skills are essential.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.