Search Our Jobs
Mental Health Counselor InPatient Per Diem daysJob ID 148178 Date posted 06/21/2018
Assumes responsibility for providing skilled, creative, high quality care to patients under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse. Performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care duties and responsibilities in collaboration with other nursing staff. Is expected to work effectively and collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary treatment team to enhance the smooth delivery of quality nursing care.
1. Support the hospital in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
2. Serve as a preceptor for new employees and educates staff, as needed.
3. Utilize supervision in a positive and thoughtful manner to enhance professional improvement and development.
4. Attend clinical meetings that will have an impact on patient care.
5. Maintain solid understanding of hospital policies and protocols, and practices within those policies and protocols.
6. Participate in any ongoing quality improvement studies that will have positive patient care outcomes.
7. Maintain understanding of and follow regulatory agencies? expectations and guidelines (i.e. DMH, DPH, JCAHO, payors, etc.).
8. Record and report all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in the patient?s status to the Registered Nurse.
9. Monitor the patient milieu for safety issues and assist with promoting a positive therapeutic environment.
10. Respond to patient care needs and issues, assist patients with personal hygiene and other activities of daily living. Collaborate with nurses to assist with any patient nursing needs.
11. Assist in the admitting, discharging and transferring process ensuring that patient safety is addressed, monitor patient valuables during belongings search and enter proper data into computer.
12. Participate in treatment team meetings, assist with development of care plans and report any issues for shift directly to the Registered Nurse.
13. Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR and Aggression Management.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
College degree in psychology or related field preferred with theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the clinical area.
Exhibits ability to be competent in the following areas:
1) One-to-one interactions with patients
2) Knowledge of drug and alcohol withdrawal
3) De-escalation/Restraint Management
4) Ability to do data entry
Demonstrates a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and courteous interaction with all external and internal customers. Works cooperatively and effectively with others with ability to adapt to changes in the workplace as part of maintaining currency in profession.
Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number 148178 to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.