Search Our Jobs
Non Invasive CV Technician 24hrs / PEABODYJob ID 148135 Date posted 05/05/2018
Under supervision, operates equipment to measure and record heart action by monitoring and graphically tracing electrical activity occurring during the heat beat.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Obtains information for the electrocardiograph records, which include patient identification, history, and medication use.
2) Escorts patient to the treatment room or wheels equipment to the patient?s bedside.
3) Explains test procedures and gives instructions to patients.
4) Attaches electrodes from specified body areas to leads from the electrocardiograph machine.
5) Takes heart tracings machine. Recognizes emergencies and notifies physician if necessary.
6) Identifies abnormal heat rhythms on tracings.
7) Marks tracing paper to indicate electrode positions, pastes/labels tracings on mountings for physician?s interpretation.
8) Cleans and maintains equipment, maintains supply levels and replaces defective stylus.
9) Performs clerical tasks as needed.
10) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
11) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
12) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
13) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
14) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations and competency assessment.
15) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
16) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
17) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
18) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Requires high school diploma
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
DAYS, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.