Search Our Jobs
Director, Physician CompensationJob ID 148165 Date posted 05/05/2018
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Director, Physician Compensation will administer, evolve, and champion LHMC?s physician compensation program, lead a team of compensation analysts to provide high quality, responsive compensation analysis, support, and services, and work closely with senior leaders, colleagues, and physicians to ensure that physician compensation is understood and accepted by constituents, and consistent with organizational goals and philosophy.
- Direct day-to-day administration of LHMC?s physician compensation program and work closely with senior leaders, the Management Provider Compensation Committee, Finance, and, HR colleagues to continually evaluate the state of physician compensation.
- Monitors and evaluates the physician compensation program to ensure it delivers the designed outcomes (stability, productivity, quality and leadership). Identifies program fine tuning, as needed.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and presentation of innovative education and communication tools and approaches. Will foster and promote greater compensation transparency and increase the understanding and acceptance of compensation factors and principals, including Department Chairs, Division Chairs, Physicians , and Human Resources colleagues.
- Provide guidance and counsel regarding the interpretation of LHMC?s physician compensation philosophy and practice.
- Serve as the lead technical expert on LHMC physician compensation and as primary point of contact for physicians, administrative leadership, and others for physician compensation related questions, inquires and issues.
- Collaborate with Finance, HR, HRIS, and Information Services to develop and evolve physician compensation reporting. Communicate physician compensation issues and offer recommendations.
- Work closely with Talent Acquisition team members to ensure proper understanding of physician compensation and to support effort to attract, develop, and retain physician talent.
- Remain current on industry best practices, benchmarks, and market trends as well as turnover and talent acquisition factors as inputs to the ongoing maintenance of physician compensation practices. Ensure compliance and competitiveness
- Manage, mentor, motivate, and develop compensation analysts to ensure the effective day-to-day operations of the Physician Compensation team.
- 7+ years? experience in physician practice management, physician compensation or similar. 3+ years of experience managing staff is also required.
- Understanding of current and proposed future physician reimbursement models.
- Apply well developed and honed compensation and analytical skills to comprehend detailed information; navigate relatively complicated systems; perform complex mathematical and statistical analyses; collect, summarize, and present data; and solve problems.
- Employ effective communication skills to successfully convey complex concepts and ideas to diverse audiences as well as to lead and influence others on complicated and important matters.
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws and/or regulations relating to human resources and more specifically the compensation field.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize a variety of software applications (e.g., spreadsheets, word processing, presentation and relational databases) in an intermediate to advanced capacity.
- A certificate of proficiency from a recognized compensation and/or related professional society is desirable.
- Exceptional partnership skills. Effective at collaborative across broad audiences of internal and external partners.
- Solid business and financial acumen, systems thinking, and critical problem-solving skills.
A Bachelor?s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field. A related Master?s degree is preferred.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.