Search Our Jobs
Contract Manager - Managed CareJob ID 148128 Date posted 07/10/2018
As the Contract Manager (Managed Care) you will be responsible for participating in the negotiation and execution of managed care contracts between Lahey Clinic Performance Network, other Lahey entities and affiliated providers and various managed care payers. In this role, you will:
- Manage the renewal contract process
- Serve as the coordinator of contract language review/edit process in contract negotiation
- Coordinate completion and submission of payers requests for information for Center of Excellence status as well as re-credentialing applications
- Serve as key contact for contract issues with the payers and operational staff
- Support the negotiation of Behavioral Health and/or International Department payer contracts
- Serve as a liaison to the Transplant Team
- Maintain contract database and Contracting Department file
- Participate in analysis of managed care proposals
- Oversee the portion of execution of managed care contracts related to review of contract language with pertinent staff and legal counsel
In addition to excellent communication, negotiation and organizational skills, a demonstrated ability to
close business deals is required for consideration. Ideal candidates will also have a Bachelor's Degree in
Health Administration, Business Administration or Public Health (master's preferred), as well as previous
experience in negotiating managed care contracts from either the payer, plan or provider perspective. A
minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in a managed care setting and 2 - 3 years of experience in a
behavioral health care setting is also required and international experience is preferred.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Conveniently located in Burlington, MA - north of Boston and south of Manchester, NH with free
parking; the Burlington Mall and many great restaurants are next door. This is the perfect location if you want the fast pace and expertise of Boston without the traffic and parking challenges.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.