Search Our Jobs
VP Ambulatory & CBHI ServicesJob ID 148101 Date posted 05/03/2018
Responsible for the efficient and effective oversight of the Outpatient/Ambulatory Clinics, Employee Assistance Program, In-Home Therapy, Therapeutic Mentoring, Community Service Agencies, Individual and Family Flexible Support Services, Family Networks, and Student Assistance Programs including, but not limited to, maintaining the quality of treatment, assuring compliance with programmatic regulatory and licensing requirements, maintaining staffing and productivity levels, ensuring customer satisfaction and cost effective service delivery, implementing continuous quality improvement initiatives, and developing and ensuring compliance with managed care contracts, State Contracts, and meeting financial and clinical requirements of the Agency. Participates as a member of the Sr. Leadership Team.
1. Program leadership, development and direction for services within the Ambulatory Division: six (6) outpatient clinics, Employee Assistance Program, and leadership, development and direction of the Children?s Behavioral Health Services (CBHI) Division: In-Home Therapy, Therapeutic Mentoring, Community Service Agencies, Individual and Flexible Support Services, Family Networks, and Student Assistance Programs.
2. Budget development and monitoring including revenue and expense tracking and adjustment.
3. Provide leadership to a multidisciplinary team, building cohesiveness within programs and between programs located in multiple physical locations through regular staff meetings and visitations to programs.
4. Personnel management through direct reports, including hiring, deployment, performance review, staff development, discipline, and termination.
5. Develop, modify and monitor operating policies/procedures for the Ambulatory Division & CBHI.
6. Responsible for new program development in the area of behavioral health and developing new revenue sources.
7. Represent the agency at appropriate meetings.
8. Monitor clinician productivity and develop and implement systems to ensure clinicians achieve productivity standards.
9. Ensure timely access to care and achievement of productivity goals.
10. In conjunction with the clinical leadership, ensure that all programs are implementing clinical services in the context of the overall agency philosophy and goals and that Quality Improvement processes are integral to the operation.
11. Regularly meet with the Ambulatory & CBHI Directors to ensure that operations are in accordance with policies/procedures.
12. Ensure that all incidents, grievances and complaints are processed according to policy.
13. Collaborates with leadership and staff from other divisions and programs within the organization to
assist in integration and efforts to provide seamless, coordinated care for populations served.
14. Represents the organization on community and trade association committees as requested.
15. In conjunction with the clinical leadership ensure that all clinical services and processes are meeting or exceeding regulatory and accreditation bodies standards.
16. Other related duties as assigned.
Manages and supervises Ambulatory & CBHI Program Directors. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Ambulatory & CBHI programs. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies/procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Please include the size of the budget managed if this position has budgetary responsibility.
Proven record of ability in public presentation skills. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Master's degree or Ph.D, or four to ten years related experience and/or training in management; or equivalent combination of education and experience. LMHC or LICSW preferred. Familiarity with CARF, DMH, DCF, managed care/third party reimbursement and other regulatory/licensing requirements/procedures/accreditation requirements.
Specialized or technical skills required, including computer applications proficiency:
Computer skills adequate to use an electronic health record. Also required advanced computer skills in database management and word processing.
Other Skills, knowledge, and abilities required to do the job:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Adept at building effective teams and motivating others to achieve more, particularly in complex and
dynamic organizations. Ability to develop collaborative relationships with the community.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: After an initial orientation period, must demonstrate the following: Knowledge of : 1) the range of treatment needed by the agency clientele, 2) procedures for responding to unusual clinical events and incidence, 3) agency channels for clinical, security, and administrative communication, 4) federal regulations regarding client confidentiality. Must demonstrate an ability to relate to a behavioral health treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multi-cultural setting, and a customer service orientation.