Search Our Jobs
Senior Data Communications EngineerJob ID 148102 Date posted 05/17/2018
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Manager of Network Services, and within established hospital, clinic, and department policies and procedures, support network activities in a multi-vendor, multi-platform computer environment. Responsible for the daily technical support of the Institution-wide computer networks, and for the installation, maintenance, and tuning of network software and hardware. Provides technical assistance to the Network Architect for the installation of new technologies as well as providing next level support to Network Engineers. Consults with the Manager of Network Services on specific matters requiring clarification, interpretation, or exception to standard policies and procedures
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Participates in Change Management and Root Cause Analysis meetings as directed.
- Documents all required activities in the Lahey IT ticketing system.
- Install, configure and support various routers, switches and wireless access points.
- Install, configure and support various vendor management applications dealing with routers, switches, wireless access points, circuit monitoring and configuring management.
- Install, configure and support appliances dealing with DHCP and DNS services.
- Provides detailed network diagrams as needed using Microsoft Visio.
- Updates databases for items such as circuit id?s, pictures and IP addressing.
- Maintain and or update network equipment images and configurations
- As assigned by the Manager of Network Services prepares monthly reports for IT management on all relevant concerns.
- Participates in the development of standards of practice to include: physical layout of infrastructure wiring, networking products and protocol compliance.
- Participates in the development of disaster recovery practices for all network equipment device types.
- Update the dept. Web page dealing with issues of importance to Network Services personnel and others with selected interest.
- Monitor the Lahey Health computer network and recommends to the Manager of Network Services resolutions to concerns.
- May be called to work off hours, weekends and holidays to provide technical support to the Institution.
- Required to carry a pager at all times.
Sr. Network Engineer Specific
- Responds to user complaints to research complex problems associated with the organizations computer network.
- Responsible for providing technical support for Lahey Health computer network design activities.
- Responsible for assisting in the research of emerging network equipment, their installation and configuration requirements.
- Provides to the Manager of Network Services planning, engineering, architecture and technical standards for new network products and technologies.
- Provide support for the Lahey Health DWDM network.
- Maintains expert level of technical knowledge.
- Provides technical support and training to departments Network Engineers as required.
- Provide first and second level on-call support on a rotating basis
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Manager of Network Services
- Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Confidentiality policy.
- Incorporates Lahey Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Education: Associates degree in M.I.S., Computer Sciences, Engineering, or related field. Additional 4 years experience will meet the Education minimum.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Minimum Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNP) or equivalent experience.
Advanced knowledge, experience and competency installing and configuring the following network hardware and services:
• Layer 2/3 Switches
• Cabling infrastructure to include: Cat 5 cable, riser cable, patch panels and fiber optics
• Network Monitoring
• DWDM Packet switching
• DHCP and DNS appliances.
Excellent written, verbal, presentation and organizational skills.
Experience: Eight years of computer networking experience designing and providing high performing and secure, LAN/WAN and wireless services. Extensive experience configuring and supporting both Cisco and Brocade equipment. Demonstrated high proficiency with the following technologies: Routing, Switching, DHCP, DNS, Wi-Fi, Local and Metropolitan Ethernet and DWDM. Successful previous implementation of the following protocols: IP, EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP, BGP, SNMP, Telnet, TFTP, FTP, SFLOW, NETFLOW and WCCP.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.