Search Our Jobs
Clinical Pharmacist - Outpatient - Per DiemJob ID 148041 Date posted 07/21/2018
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Lead Pharmacist and following established procedures, dispenses prescription medication to patients in the Outpatient Pharmacy, maintains accurate computer records, and acts as a resource for patients and colleagues as it relates to information about medication and drug interactions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Accurately dispenses prescription medication to patients in a timely, efficient manner.
2) Maintains computerized patient profiles, which are used to perform prospective review of drug therapy for each prescription, dispensed. Review includes screening for drug therapy problems including therapeutic duplication, drug-disease contraindication, drug-drug interactions, incorrect drug dosage or duration, drug allergy interaction and clinical abuse or misuse.
3) Maintains an ongoing inventory of formulary drugs with the goal of turning over the inventory at the level as set by the Outpatient Lead Pharmacist and the Pharmacy Buyer.
4) Engages and counsels patients with confidence and provides advice and support as needed.
5) Maintains an ongoing inventory of formulary drugs with the goal of turning over the inventory at the level as set by the Outpatient Lead Pharmacist and the Pharmacy Buyer.
6) Works independently within the professional scope of practice and participates in direct supervision of the pharmacy technicians.
7) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
8) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
9) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
10) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
11) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
12) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
13) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
14) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
15) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: BS or PharmD in Pharmacy from an ACPE accredited college of pharmacy
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Registered Pharmacist in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Must be eligible to practice pharmacy in Massachusetts. A basic understanding of computer operation and the ability to learn the outpatient pharmacy application is required. Utilization of the system for outpatient pharmacy services is also a requirement. - In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: No specific outpatient experience is required, however, minimum of 1-2 years of retail experience is recommended.
VARIABLE/ Per Diem, 8 hour shifts with every other weekend
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.