Search Our Jobs
Food Service Worker Per DiemJob ID 148050 Date posted 09/12/2018
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Lead and/or the Supervisor and in accordance with established guidelines, performs a variety of tasks associated with simple food preparation and the assembly of patient trays including portioning, wrapping, slicing, and preparing salads and sandwiches.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Stocks assigned stations accurately according to established par levels for all items (100%).
2) Follows specified dot cycle for all trayline items and discards all food items after three dot days.
3) Labels and dates all opened foods such as protein salads and canned fruits and follows dates stamped on all milks.
4) Uses proper scoop sizes or spoodle, for all portioned items such as protein salads and cottage cheese.
5) Always follows what is specifically on recipe cards.
6) Prepares cake, custards, jello per recipe and fruit as needed.
7) Double checks that patient names and room number on the menu matches with the patient on the floor when delivering all trays to ensure accurate identification of the patient.
8) Always serves food at the appropriate temperature per HACCP regulations.
9) Quickly and accurately sets up late trays, always comparing the menu to items on the tray for accurate set up
10) Follows menu selections in order to accurately set up and deliver late trays, makes jello and/or custards as assigned; portions fruits; washes utensils used to prepare foods.
11) Cleans and sanitizes work area in a clean as you go manner, cleaning any equipment and small carts after use.
12) Completes daily cleaning assignments as posted and as directed by supervisor.
13) Prepares tube feedings and special nourishment requirements
14) Prepares daily and rotates angel cakes, cookies, custards, jello and salads as needed
15) Prepares sandwiches during trayline as tallied
16) Wear proper Lahey Clinic ID Badge and hand-washing badge while on Lahey Campus
17) Wear plastic gloves when handling ready to eat foods.
18) Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
19) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles and Mission Statement into daily activities.
20) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
21) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic
22) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
23) Demonstrates an understanding of job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment..
24) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to our Customer Service standards.
25) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
26) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
27) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department
Education: Pursuing high school degree or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Ability to speak and read English; Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
Experience: Six months related experience preferred.
VARIABLE/PER DIEM; 4-8pm with every other weekend commitment and rotating holidays.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.