Search Our Jobs
Staffing Associate - Float Pool - 32 Hours DaysJob ID 148052 Date posted 05/02/2018
Under the Direction of the Manager of Nursing Resources and Throughput and guidance of Nursing Staffing Coordinator . Works collaboratively with the Manager of Nursing Resources and Throughput , Nurse Managers, Administrative Supervisors, Assistant Nurse Managers, and Charge Nurses to facilitate adequate staffing for all inpatient care areas. Provides administrative support to the Manager of Nursing Resources and Throughput . Supports the Manager of Nursing Resources and Throughput in daily monitoring the utilization of nursing resources. Prepares weekly reports tracking and trending utilization of resources by unit to ensure maximun efficacy and efficiency. Performs all other duties as needed or directed by the Nursing Office Manager to meet the needs of the Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Print and update Ansos. Provide hard copies of daily staffing worksheets.
2) Identify needs based on Unit Specific Core Staffing Guidelines provided by the Nurse Manager .
3) Existing needs will be reviewed by the Manager of Nursing Resources/Throughput and the Nurse Manager.
4) Unscheduled absence of a staff member will be reported to the Associate Staffing Coordinator by the Nurse Manager/Designee.
5) Replaces unscheduled absence with off-duty staff, additional hours worked by on-duty staff ,and/or collaborating with Nurse Manager/Designee to alter existing schedule to accommodate need.
6) Responsible for completion and co-ordination of schedules of Benefited Float and Per Diem Staff.
7) In the absence of Nursing Staffing Coordinator, responsible for weekly submission of automated Ansos payroll for all Benefited Float Staff, Per Diem Staff, and Rapid Response Team.
8) In the absence of Nursing Staffing Coordinator, arranges, attends, records and disseminates minutes of staff / committee meetings.
9) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
10) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
11) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
12) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
13) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
14) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
15) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
16) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
17) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School Graduate
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. Knowledge of Ansos software or willingness to learn. The ability to handle multiple tasks. Must be able to work independently and demonstrate complete follow through.
Experience: 2-3 years business, office and/or clerical experience
DAYS/ Friday - Sunday, Including one day during the week 3 pm - 11 pm
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.