Search Our Jobs
Billing AssistantJob ID 148004 Date posted 04/27/2018
Assists in the process of obtaining, recording, and reporting accurate information about client insurance, services, billing, and payments.
1. Accurately enter client data into billing software.
2. Enters and/or forwards client data change information on agreed schedule.
3. Responds to clinician?s questions, telephone calls and/or visits in a timely, professional and respectful manner.
4. Investigates pending claims due to lack of or incorrect information.
5. Participates in clinical staff training related to billing protocols.
6. Run AR reports on established schedule; update essential report queries and verify accuracy of report prior to dissemination.
7. Set work flow priorities, in order to meet established deadlines and communicate status of work flow with supervisor.
8. Attend department and organization staff meetings as directed.
9. Additional related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of third party billing/reimbursement preferred.
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and relate to staff in a professional and patient manner. Ability to demonstrate openness and flexibility to adapt to unplanned situations. Able to work cooperatively and in a fashion that promotes team building.
Computer literate in standard desktop applications such as Windows, Word, and Excel.
Full-time 40 hours per week
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.