Search Our Jobs
Supervisor Patient AccountsJob ID 147992 Date posted 04/26/2018
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of the Director and/or Associate Director, performs a variety of tasks associated with the day-to-day supervision of staff working in defined areas of Patient Financial Services. Ensures that patients/customer needs are met while department requirements and organizational goals are adhered to. Provides orientation and training to staff. Actively involved in
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Oversees, coordinates, and performs activities associated with department objective. Computes balances and reports daily department results to leader(s).
2) Plans, prepares, and adjusts work schedules and duty assignments according to volume, customer needs, problems, work-loads, forecasts, and budget.
3) Verifies completion of assigned tasks and accuracy of work, computations, and records. Evaluates job performance of assigned staff and recommends appropriate personnel action where needed.
4) Trains employees in work and safety procedures and company policies. Orients new employees to department tasks, policies, and practices.
5) Participates in a broad range of human resources functions as they relate to assigned staff, including interviewing, selection, training, performance appraisal, competence assessment, documentation and employee relations.
6) Consults with Associate Director and/or other leaders to resolve problems, such as equipment performance, output quality, and work schedules.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Not required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Possesses and demonstrates a working knowledge of hospital and professional billing procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to utilize tact, diplomacy and discretion at all times.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, detail oriented environment.
- Working knowledge of a variety of pc software programs including word processing, spreadsheets, and database entry and reporting, with the ability to learn new systems as they become available and/or required.
- In the absence of certain of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year related billing and/or customer service experience in a high volume medical billing setting.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.