Search Our Jobs
Social Worker TemporaryJob ID 147996 Date posted 05/18/2018
Assumes responsibility for the planning and delivery of safe and therapeutic treatment to all patients. Assures efficient patient utilization of continuum resources through close communication and collaboration with the patient, primary treatment team, insurers, and community and family support systems. In collaboration with the treatment team, plans appropriate individual and group treatment plans to meet the ongoing needs of assigned patients.
1. Is expected to support the hospital in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
2. Advocate for patient needs by conducting ongoing psychosocial needs assessments and communicating these needs to the treatment team.
3. Plan and implement appropriate inpatient disposition in collaboration with the treatment team.
4. Effectively identify patient, family, institutional and community barriers to discharge or transitions in treatment. Coordinate referrals and facilitate transitions in treatment while addressing the barriers identified.
5. Maintain appropriate records and consistently complete paperwork requirements.
6. Coordinate the development and formulation of psychosocial and case management needs assessments.
7. Facilitate and/or provide direct clinical therapeutic interventions to prevent relapse and ensure continuity of care.
8. Provide information/education to patients and their families/significant others regarding illness, recovery and treatment options.
9. Work collaboratively and professionally with the treatment team in maintaining a collaborative relationship with the outside providers and the reimbursement team to optimize the provision of high quality patient care.
10. Attend clinical department meetings that will have a positive impact on patient care.
11. Attend all appropriate administrative meetings that support the mission of the hospital.
12. Support and implement administrative decisions.
13. Utilize and provide supervision in a positive and thoughtful manner to enhance professional improvement and development.
14. Maintain a solid understanding of hospital policies and protocols, and practices within those policies and protocols.
15. Participate in ongoing quality improvement studies that will have positive patient care outcomes.
16. Maintain solid understanding of and follow regulatory agencies? expectations and guidelines (i.e. DMH, DPH, JCAHO, Payers, etc.).
17. Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR, Risk Management and Aggression Management.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
Master's Degree in social work required with a current valid Massachusetts license, LICSW preferred. CAN, CADC desirable. Previous clinical leadership experience or demonstrated clinical leadership skills with theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the clinical area.
Temporary - 40 Hours
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.nebhealth.org/careers Use the Job ID number 147996 to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.