Search Our Jobs
Endoscopy Technician/Per Diem/PEABODYJob ID 147968 Date posted 04/28/2018
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Cares for patients as delegated by the registered nurse and completes all aspects of care for the assigned patients (refer to Delegation Competency for Unlicensed Assistive Personnel).
2. Properly reprocesses endoscopes according to infection control and Lahey Clinic guidelines.
3. Assures endoscope equipment is in working order
4. Keeps accurate documentation for cleaning/testing of equipment and supplies
5. Cleans Endoscopy procedure rooms after use and prepares for next procedure in a timely fashion
6. Directly assists physician and RN during Endoscopy procedures. Procedures include but are not limited to EGD, Colonoscopy, Polypectomy, Biopsies, PEG placement, ERCP, and EUS.
7. Operates/handles equipment properly during Endoscopic procedures.
8. Handles specimens according to policy.
9. Stocks Pyxis Patient Station as needed and directed.
10. Informs Lead Endoscopy Technician or management team of any equipment problems.
11. Prepares travel cart for procedures in MICU/SICU areas.
12. Performs basic nursing assistant duties included but not limited to vital signs, applies bedside cardiac monitoring and discontinues telemetry leads upon direction by RN.
13. Reports all unusual observations or reactions of the patient to the nurse assigned to the patient or charge nurse.
14. Supports a culture of safety and carries out safety interventions for all patients. Under the direction of the RN, performs basic and high risk interventions as outlined in the Falls Risk Policy.
15. Adheres to all applicable infection control policies and procedures including hand hygiene, isolation protocol, and cleaning of patient care devices and equipment.
16. Assists in transporting patients.
17. Orders supplies from Pharmacy in response to emergency requests.
1) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
2) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
3) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
4) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
5) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
6) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
7) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
8) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
9) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
10) Maintains confidentiality for all aspects of patient care.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None Required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Experience: some medical experience
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.