Search Our Jobs
Social Media CoordinatorJob ID 147948 Date posted 07/28/2018
The Social Media Coordinator plays a critical role in social media activities for Lahey Health and its member organizations. The coordinator plans and develops social media content for Lahey Health and its affiliates. He or she also promotes a positive brand image and experience through active monitoring of social channels and engagement with communities. He/She is highly focused, organized and self-motivated, with an understanding of social media and an innovative vision of how to apply it to promote Lahey Health System?s priorities and to engage target audiences. He/She is a collaborative team player who enthusiastically partners with staff in communications, marketing and across the institution to develop brand awareness, generate inbound traffic, and provide regular analysis on the use and effectiveness of social media strategies. He/she must be a strategic and out-of-the-box thinker with the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment. He/she will be a skilled writer with experience taking photos and videos for social media channels. He/she must have an excellent customer service orientation and be able to interact with Lahey Health leadership, staff, physicians and patients. He/she must be a strong team player and willing to contribute in any way needed to support the Communications & Marketing teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Act as brand journalist by seek leads to create multimedia stories and sharing real-time content on social media platforms to identify, engage and activate target audiences based on Lahey Health?s organizational priorities.
2. Closely monitors day-to-day social media activity and engagement on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, blogs and other social communities as appropriate.
3. Reports on success of social media outreach and develops strategies to increase engagement and improve overall metrics.
4. Updates and monitors user-generated content on social media outlets.
5. Provides on-call support for all social media needs in crisis/urgent need situations, including off-hours monitoring of social media channels.
6. Stays current in the latest tools and social media strategies/tactics being used by brands; suggests opportunities to use new technologies and approaches.
7. Manages select video projects for social media and web properties. Projects can include videos that are filmed and edited by the Social Media Coordinator as well as videos filmed by outside/staff videographers.
8. Manages creative projects, including design of digital graphics, infographics, etc.
9. Assists with special projects and performs additional duties as assigned to ensure the smooth operation of the Department.
Education: Bachelors degree in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations or a related field
Licensure, Certification & Registration: none required
Experience: Three years of experience in a marketing/communications environment, with at least one year of direct experience with social media activities.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Requires excellent interviewing, reporting, writing and editing skills; must possess strong interpersonal skills as well as technical skills.
Knowledge of video production and photography.
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of engaging audiences and marketing via high-profile communities on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, iMovie, and Sprout Social preferred.
Must be able to transform complex medical and/or scientific information into clear, coherent and compelling statements.
Must use good judgment to identify appropriate content for target audiences.
Must be willing to travel between the various Lahey Health sites to capture real-time stories and content at affiliate hospitals and organizations.
Ability to learn and use content management systems.
Strong verbal communication skills.
Ability to organize time and manage diverse activities, to work successfully under pressure, and to handle competing priorities with minimal supervision.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.