Search Our Jobs
Food Service WorkerJob ID 147867 Date posted 09/05/2018
The Cook is responsible for preparing and cooking a wide variety of food for clients, employees and visitors. He/she prepares food according to recipes and plans cooking schedules to meet mealtime schedules.
1. Plans and/or follows a weekly menu consisting of well-balanced nutritious meals that meet USDA requirements ensuring proper taste and temperature.
2. Prepares appetizing, healthy, well balanced meals and snacks; meeting all meal schedules.
3. Inspects all food for quality and quantity prior to serving.
4. Prepares meals for special events and Holidays.
5. Takes necessary measures to avoid food waste.
6. Responsible for set up and clean-up of food production; adheres to kitchen cleanliness and sanitary guidelines as directed by the local board of health.
7. Responsible for opening and closing kitchen and ensuring the food is properly stored.
8. In collaboration with the Program Director, orders and maintains supplies.
9. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with food suppliers.
10. Meets with direct supervisor for regular supervision meetings and comes prepared to meeting.
11. Oversees appropriate food service follow through by program staff during after-hours and weekends; including refrigerator temperature logs, snack counts, etc.
12. Participates in required trainings related to the organization and program as well as changing food service regulations.
13. Other related duties as assigned.
Speaks clearly; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively.
High School diploma or GED with a minimum of three years relevant work experience. Must have documented evidence of training in such related areas as nutrition/menu planning in an institutional setting. Provision of any health documentation which might be required by regulatory agencies (Serve Safe certification, Allergy Awareness certification etc.).
Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation.
Part time, 32 hours per week, benefited position
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.