Search Our Jobs
Emergency Services ClinicianJob ID 147819 Date posted 04/22/2018
Conduct comprehensive assessments, brief crisis counseling, psycho-education and treatment team functions for individuals in the short term structured crisis stabilization services (CCS) program under the direction of the CCS nurse manager and ESP Director.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Provides assessment, treatment interventions and brief crisis counseling for individuals in the CCS program with the primary objectives including restoration of functioning, strengthening the resources and capacities of the individuals, family and other natural supports, timely return to a natural setting in the community, development/strengthening of an individualized crisis prevention plan and/or safety plan, as part of the Crisis Planning Tools for youth and linkage to ongoing medically necessary support services.
2. Provide individual and group psycho-education, including information about recovery, wellness, crisis self-management and how to access wellness and recovery services available in the community.
3. Contribute to the group programming model in consultation with the CCS nurse manager and ESP Director and be the lead on conducting group programming to individuals in the CCS program.
3. Support the CCS nurse manager in providing a staff-secure, safe, homelike and structured crisis stabilization and treatment service.
4. Coordinate treatment with existing and/or newly established treatment providers.
5. Conduct active, effective and timely discharge planning for CCS clients.
6. Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with ESP staff and other providers and referral sources (i.e. insurance companies, PHP?s, O/P etc.)
7. Utilize supervision effectively by sharing pertinent information and accept performance feedback to incorporate into work plan and recalibrate approach and make improvements. Seek and accept guidance to manage difficult cases.
8. Maintain current working knowledge and use of all related, internal and external resources, policies, procedures, regulatory and compliance requirements necessary to effectively serve clients with quality care in multiple settings and with ever changing program needs.
9. Answers telephone as needed and provide timely, appropriate response to all referrals.
10. Attend meetings and other team processes as required. Participate in, or complete special program assignments as assigned.
11. Complete timely and accurate documentation/assessments.
12. Provides assistance to colleagues in order to optimize the delivery of services to the client population.
13. Assists in ensuring the facility is clean and in good repair.
14. Maintains a professional demeanor at all times.
15. Other related duties as assigned.
A qualified candidate must be one of the following; LICSW, LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, Licensed Psychologist, or Master's Level Counselor. Preferred experience and training in emergency psychiatric services working with adults including training in de-escalation strategies and short term crisis counseling.
Full time 40 hours
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Sitting or standing for long periods of time, typical of an office is also required. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.