Search Our Jobs
Cardiac Device TechnicianJob ID 147721 Date posted 09/18/2018
Direct patient care in an outpatient setting; explaining and performing diagnostic checks of implantable cardiac devices (like pacemakers & ICDS) with medical equipment. Will have in depth knowledge of cardiac rhythm management, cardiac devices, and cardiovascular physiology. Clinical judgment of when to perform basic reprogramming of the device based on the analysis, done within the scope of the guidelines and under clinical supervision of the Arrhythmia Service Providers. Administrative management of electronic documentation for patient test type and testing schedules. Ensures that testing procedures are performed according to hospital and department policy and standards. Is a strong individual contributor in a team supported environment. Directly reports to Clinical Manager and indirectly reports to Arrhythmia Service Provider leaders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Performs cardiovascular diagnostic test from Provider order via EMR and reports test information with appropriate EMR documentation according to department policy and procedures; clarifies MD orders and goals of Rx .
Types of cardiovascular diagnostic tests: interrogation and remote evaluation of single, dual, and BIV pacemakers + implantable cardiac defibrillators (ICDs). Interrogation and remote evaluation of implantable loop recorders (ILRs) and subcutaneous ICDs (sICDs).
Proficient with performing these tests on various manufacturers' equipment; Abbott/St. Jude, Medtronic, Boston Scientific, and Biotronik.
2) Assists Provider(s) with implanting telemetry devices. Gathers and prepares equipment. Prepares room. Assists in education and follow through of Implanted Loop Recorder patients and Same Day Discharge patients.
3) Serves as support for cardiovascular diagnostic tests: 12 Lead ECG, trans-telephonic monitor checks, and exercise/stress tolerance tests including; pharmacological, echocardiogram, and pulmonary procedures.
4) Identifies abnormal thresholds, lead sensing, lead impedances, and arrhythmias during testing and ensures notification to Arrhythmia Service Provider as appropriately needed.
5) Troubleshoots methods of patient monitoring (i.e., poor programmer connectivity, remote monitoring malfunctions)
Checks cardiac rhythm management equipment to ensure all appropriate equipment is in good working order
6) Demonstrates knowledge of the cardiac rhythm management machines, the electronic management system, and 3rd party vendor websites. Management and analysis of data in the electronic database, maintaining the data integrity with the system. Able to access database and retrieve testing encounters. Able to troubleshoot basic technical issues. Performs all cardiac rhythm management machines functions with confidence.
7) Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of testing rooms; ensures that it is stocked with supplies
Education: Associate degree Liberal Arts/Science
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Basic Life Support (BLS) required & Certification in IBRHE certified cardiac device specialist (CCDS) preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Basic ECG interpretation and rhythm analysis. Organized self-directed individual with strong written and verbal communication skills. Customer service focused. Knowledge of cardiovascular medical terminology. Utilizes critical thinking and good judgment in performing of clinical tasks.
Must possess strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities. Possess strong ECG Interpretation skills including abnormal rhythm and pacer interpretation. Possess strong computer skills.
Experience: 2+ years' experience in a fast paced hospital and clinic based Cardiology service.
DAYS, 10-hour shifts 4 days a week. No weekend coverage. No on-call.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.