Search Our Jobs
Recovery Specialist (Direct Care Staff)Job ID 147639 Date posted 06/13/2018
Under the supervision of the direct report, during assigned shift, ensures the safety of the program milieu by assuring program security, monitoring, and other supportive tasks.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Observes and supervises buildings and grounds and reports anything unusual to supervisor/nurse on duty. Ensures the safety of the program milieu by performing all security, monitoring, and supportive tasks as assigned.
2. Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
3. Completes all necessary checklists and paperwork. Responsible for all shift documentation and record keeping in accordance with agency policies and procedures as directed, which may include accurate MIS paperwork/admissions procedures.
4. Interfaces in a professional manner with other agency units and agencies.
5. Attends daily rounds, weekly staff meetings, and weekly supervision, if directed.
6. Shares supervision of client programming and recreational activities, facilitates community meetings, and mediates client disputes as directed.
7. Inventories laundry and/or other supplies as needed.
8. Responsible for remaining on unit/campus until replacement coverage arrives.
9. Searches client belongings on admission and at discharge and/or as otherwise directed by supervisor.
10. Conducts telephone admission screenings as directed.
11. Other related duties as assigned.
Listens and gets clarification when needed; responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively.
High school diploma required. Associates degree preferred in related field, must have experience working with substance abuse population. One to two years of training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certification in CPR and valid MA driver?s license in good standing.
Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Manages difficult or emotional client situations; Responds promptly to client needs and maintains confidentiality.
This position is: 32 hours per week, second shift, Wed-Sat (3pm-11pm)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust