Search Our Jobs
Program Director ( Emergency Services)Job ID 147560 Date posted 05/19/2018
The Program Director is responsible for clinical, administrative and fiscal oversight of ESP functions. Develops, manages and supervises a team of clinicians and paraprofessionals. Ensures quality of care and contract compliance across all ESP service components.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Provide clinical, administrative and fiscal oversight and quality of care across all ESP components of service including ESP, MCI and CCS.
2. Develop, manage and supervise a team of clinicians and paraprofessionals.
3. In collaboration with the VP of Population Health and Emergency Services, develops, implements, monitors and reviews operating budget. Ensures that internal reports are produced and reviewed in a timely fashion.
4. Responsible for managing and developing quality improvement plans for the ESP quality indicators as defined by MBHP and MassHealth.
5. Ensure contract compliance with all requirements set forth by MBHP including standard clinical assessment tools, electronic encounter forms, and other data collection mechanisms. Serve as the primary point of accountability to MBHP for the ESP contract and is responsible for all subcontracts and interface with the public payers.
6. Responsible for ensuring the provision of the core ESP services of crisis assessment, intervention and stabilization to individuals of all ages in all ESP service components and locations, including both mobile crisis intervention services and those provided on-site in the ESPs community based location.
7. Responsible for staff recruitment, orientation, training and supervision.
8. Provide administrative and clinical supervision to key program-level supervisory staff.
9. In collaboration with the VP of Population Health and Emergency Services, ensure adherence to quality assurance policies and procedures.
10. Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal, external providers, community stakeholders as well as other regulatory bodies.
11. Serve as a key liaison for the program and direct the resolution of inquiries, problems, complaints, or emergencies affecting availability or quality of services; respond to sensitive or complex inquiries, service complaints, or grievances filed.
12. Share system wide on-call duties as assigned.
13. Utilizes supervision effectively by sharing pertinent information with supervisor.
14. Facilitates and leads staff meetings to ensure effective communication within the program.
15. Other related duties as assigned.
Master?s degree in Human Services field licensed at independent level.
Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience (emergency service work preferred).
4 years? experience of management and supervisory experience.
Knowledge of commercial behavioral healthcare practices, evidenced based treatments, managed care principles, provider development and quality improvement concepts is essential. Familiarity with state and local agencies serving the community helpful.
Must possess outstanding planning and implementation skills, a strategic approach, and a good working knowledge of data reporting and analysis skills.
Computer literate in standard desktop applications such as Windows, Word, and Excel.
Full-time 40 hours per week
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.