Search Our Jobs
Distribution Technician 16hrs 1st shiftJob ID 147494 Date posted 05/25/2018
Under the supervision of the department Manager and/or supervisor and following established guidelines, performs a variety of activities including processing supply requisitions, checking inventory, picking orders, stocking carts, delivering and storing supplies throughout the hospital and ambulatory clinics.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Completes Pyxis Supply station supply refill put away to assigned areas.
2) Verifies receipt of goods upon Value Link delivery at assigned Supply station as well as incorporating CPD in-house materials to the same station as needed.
3) Completes Cycle counts on Pyxis Supply stations as instructed by CPD Pyxis Administrator.
4) As needed will inventory par level carts via hand held PDA.
5) Performs proper put away including, inspection of out dated material, neatness of carts and or Supply stations, and performing recalls of products as needed.
6) Picks non Pyxis par levels as needed within a reasonable timeframe.( 4 minutes per 10 lines)
7) As part of their job functions, has access to non-controlled medications for stocking purposes only.
8) Returns all excess stock to Central Processing and Distribution or value link for credit.
9) Receives and fills medical/surgical supply and equipment requests. Ensures all pertinent information is included on the CPD requisitions.
10) As needed, will replenish used code carts ensuring all items are available and expiration dates are reviewed.
11) Delivers all call down requests within twenty minutes of order unless caller states "stat" which requires immediate delivery.
12) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
13) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
14) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
15) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
16) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
17) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
18) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
19) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
20) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School diploma.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Ability to read, write and communicate routine information is required. Knowledge of medical terminology is helpful or equivalent education or experience.
Basic computer skills to perform data entry and to look up information, organizational skills and attention to detail. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: One year related experience in a healthcare or inventory setting.
DAYS, Saturday and Sunday 8 hour shifts
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.