Search Our Jobs
Staff RN Registered Nurse ED Emergency Department 32hrs NightsJob ID 147500 Date posted 04/22/2018
Work for a nationally renowned, world-class Boston- area health system without fighting traffic and paying for parking!
Lahey believes that the nurse-patient relationship, continuity of care and personal accountability are central to the delivery of individualized high quality patient care.
Lahey will be opening a new spacious state-of-the-art Emergency Department in 2017 which will have:
- Over 45,000-square -foot ED with 44 Beds, a completely new entrances and a sun-filled reception area
- A convenient imaging suite, a pharmacy, a fast-track area and a behavioral health suite
- Private treatment rooms, a special family waiting area and a family consultation room
As the Lahey Emergency Department grows, we are seeking experienced and qualified nurses for our new ED. The experienced and highly skilled nurses in the ED provide care to patient that have been in accidents or have medical emergencies that need immediate attention. There is nothing our ED Nurse can?t do. We do a great job of taking care of really sick patients. Because of Lahey?s transplant service, cardiology service and cancer center, a lot of patients are already compromised. If these patients develop a stomach bug, it can represent a true emergency; the ED pulls a team together to make sure these patients are stable before they are admitted.
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center utilizes complete computerized charting (EPIC) for patient assessment and care documentation, and to electronically record medication administration for the delivery of all medications provided to their patients. Computerized self-scheduling is available.
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a Tufts teaching hospital with a staff of over 4,000 and 317 beds Conveniently located in Burlington, MA - north of Boston and south of Manchester, NH with free parking; the Burlington Mall and many great restaurants are next door. This is the perfect location if you want the fast pace and expertise of Boston without the traffic and parking challenges.
- Nursing Diploma or ASN, BSN preferred
- At least 1 year of previous of Nursing experience in the Emergency Department strongly preferred
- At least 1 year of Nursing Experience in an acute or sub-acute setting required
- Current Massachusetts registered Nurse license required.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification and ACLS required
- Demonstrate critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
- Lifting 75 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs
NGT, 32 hours with every third weekend
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.lahey.org/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your MR1 Login and Password.
Lahey Clinic is committed to equal opportunity. We recruit, hire, train and promote without discrimination due to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected job status. Lahey Clinic provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.