Search Our Jobs
Housekeeper II - 40hrs Nights 10:30pm-7:00a, plus every other weekendJob ID 147472 Date posted 07/17/2018
Under supervision from the department supervisor and/or lead person, the Housekeeper is responsible for a variety of cleaning and related functions throughout the hospital and ambulatory clinics. These duties may be regularly scheduled, and may also be required on an emergency basis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Perform scheduled daily cleaning of patient rooms: Emptying and relining waste receptacles, paying particular attention to the safe and proper handling of hazardous waste. Make beds when unoccupied; check bed functioning and notify maintenance when repairs are needed. High dust. Dry mop, wet mop, and disinfect floors. Damp wipe and spot clean surfaces with disinfectant. Clean and disinfect bathroom commodes and other fixtures. Perform self-inspections. Restock gloves in the patient care areas. Clean IV poles.
2) Cleans rooms of discharged patients: Uses pager and telephone in accordance with the Bed Tracking system to receive and record successful completion of cleaning assignments. Clean, disinfect and re-make beds. Prepare room for admission, including cleaning IV poles and blood pressure cuffs, verifying that the telephone is in working order, ensuring that the suction canister and oxygen flow meters are in place, and that the glove box is stocked.
3) Cleans and maintains department equipment and makes minor repairs when appropriate, or notifies supervisor that additional maintenance/service is required. Tags broken equipment to indicate that it is out of order.
4) Maintains cart and/or supplies in accordance with departmental and safety guidelines.
5) As directed, trains new colleagues on cleaning schedules and cleaning techniques including safe and appropriate use of tools and cleaning agents.
6) Performs project work as assigned, including (but not limited to) floor stripping, carpet care, Precaution Room cleaning, and moving furniture.
7) Responds promptly to requests from appropriate personnel for emergency cleaning services.
8) Perform housekeeping functions in different areas as directed by the supervisor or lead person to cover for other Housekeepers in the event of their absence.
9) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
10) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
11) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
12) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
13) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
14) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
15) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
16) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
17) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: not required
Licensure, Certification, Registration: none required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Ability to follow instructions and work in accordance with established procedures. Appropriate use of cleaning agents and equipment. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: 1 year related experience.
NGT/ 8 hour shifts with every other weekend
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.