Search Our Jobs
Mammography Tech- Team Leader PeabodyJob ID 147455 Date posted 05/31/2018
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Manages and coordinates the technical activities of section imaging staff.
a) Plans and schedules work for assigned area ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate staffing coverage, space and facilities for performance of duties of technologists.
b) Supervises and provides instruction ot technologists and needed and orients new imaging staff.
c) Recommends human resource actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions and paid-time-off schedules.
d) Assists department manager in the determination of fiscal requirements; prepares budgetary recommendations, monitors, verifies and reconciles expenditures of budgeted funds. May take action to realign actual expenditures to budget.
e) Maintains liaison with radiologists and other physicians and Clinic staff to resolve problems and to advise them concerning technical procedures, techniques and equipment.
f) May work with imaging in producing diagnostic images.
2) Patient Care Assessment: The technologist assesses the patient by the following:
a) Collects information by interview, from the patient, family, significant other, and health care providers.
b) Completes assessments by utilizing the medical record and Radiology requisitions or verbal orders to ensure appropriateness of procedures ordered.
c) Makes accurate assessments of the patient?s condition/status thus ensuring appropriateness of procedure ordered.
d) Intervenes appropriately in preventing potential problems/complications.
e) Identifies patient/family educational needs based on their learning strengths and/or deficits.
3) Patient Care Implementation: The technologist implements care for the patient by the following:
a) Establish appropriate and effective communication with the patient and/or family member in order to complete the procedure.
b) Demonstrates ability to coordinate care with other members of the health care team.
c) Implements departmental and facility?s standard by following established policies and procedures.
d) Educates the patient/family so that care can be continued upon completion of procedure.
e) Demonstrates an empathetic approach.
f) Is available and accessible to the patient.
g) Keeps patient and family members informed of progress and/or delays associated with their procedures.
4) Documentation (Management of Information): Documents, accurately and completely, in the patient?s medical record::
a) Use of radiopharmaceuticals or pharmaceuticals.
b) All pertinent data regarding adverse reaction to any drug administered.
c) Manages and communicates information through various processes, which include but are not limited to the following: computers, and telephone/paging system.
d) Provides thorough and accurate documentation on the radiograph by documenting the following information:
e) Correct patient identification: i.e., pt. name and Medical Record Number.
f) Correct requisition number
g) Correct Date
h) Correct technical factors on specialty films
i) RT initials and proper Right and Left identification markers when appropriate
j) Other required markers, i.e. upright, decubitus, etc.
k) High Risk/Low Frequency/Problem Prone Clinical Skills:
i) Ensures that patients are able to ambulate on their own when necessary or, if not, they are given the proper supervision and assistance.
ii) Monitors the patients continuously when they are having exams that include contrast injections.
iii) Utilizes the proper procedure for emergency codes, such as, Code 99 & Code Red/Green.
iv) Utilizes the proper procedure to page for emergency help within the Radiology Department.
v) Reports all safety hazards that could harm patients, visitors or other hospital employees to appropriate supervisors immediately at all times.
vi) Initiates applicable ?Incident Reports? by end of shift and reports incomplete and incorrect examinations to ensure the proper patient charge and continuity of patient care.
5) Clinical and Technical Skills: Demonstrates the following necessary clinical skills and technical knowledge to provide care and service for the patient?s according to the Department of Radiology?s established policies and procedures.
6) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
7) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
8) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
9) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
10) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
11) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
12) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
13) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
14) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
15) Must achieve and maintain specialized certification in the modalities in which the Team Lead practices.
16) Must be licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts? Department of Public Health: Radiation Control Program if modality in which the Team Lead practices in requires the utilization of ionizing radiation.
Education: Graduate of AMA approved program radiology technology
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Current ARRT and Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in mammography and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Experience: Requires a minimum of five years of progressively more responsible experience as a staff imaging technologist and two years in a supervisory role.
DAYS with every third weekend
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.