Search Our Jobs
Tumor Registrar, Oncology, per diemJob ID 142790 Date posted 04/22/2018
According to established objectives and procedures, codes and abstracts tumor data, coordinates follow-up on cancer patients in accordance with the requirements and standards of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) and the Massachusetts Cancer Registry; performs long and short term audits. Is an active member of the Cancer Committee and attends cancer conferences.
1. High School diploma required; Associate/Bachelors degree preferred
2. Minimum of one year Cancer Registry experience as a Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR)
3. Understanding of Medical Terminology, Clinical Medicine and Human Anatomy & Physiology
4. Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
5. Strong organizational skills and demonstrates the ability to function independently and oversee department activities and staff.
6. Basic Computer experience and comfort required.
7. Knowledge of JCAHO, DPH and ACoS documentation regulations and general Medical Staff bylaws and department documentation standards.
8. Knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to patient confidentiality, HIPAA.
9. Records relevant information pertaining to abstracting per ACoS CoC requirements.
10. Assists in maintenance of the cancer registry software system.
11. Attends educational meetings as required to maintain certification.
Experienced and current Certified Tumor Registrar - CTR; Epic and Metriq experience required.
Per diem, hours assigned as needed (M-F). Remote work option (but will need to be within ~1 hour, if needed on site).
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.