Search Our Jobs
Pharmacy Population Health Rx Management Coordinator (Medicaid ACO)Job ID 147189 Date posted 05/25/2018
The Pharmacy Population Health Medication Management Coordinator is a pharmacy technician who supports Lahey Clinical Performance Network (LCPN) goals in providing high quality care in the most efficient, cost effective manner for Medicare, Medicaid and/or commercially insured patients within LCPN. The scope and nature of this position are focused on assisting with cost-efficient use of medications to optimize therapeutic outcomes and reduce overall healthcare costs. These is achieved through active involvement in interdisciplinary care activities to obtain background patient data, performing medication histories, assisting with optimizing medication adherence and coordination, facilitating pharmacist referrals and appointments, and development of medication cost and coverage references. This position will report to the Director of Network Pharmacy Management at LCPN. This position is focused on participating in the care management of Medicaid ACO patients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
The Pharmacy Technician ? Population Health supports pharmacists within the Care Management team by:
1. Providing general assistance in the provision of medication therapy management (MTM) services, focused on improving medication therapy outcomes through medication optimization and adherence
2. Performing activities such as obtaining medication histories, exploring patient support programs, coordinating patient appointments, and assisting with medication coordination programs
3. Collaborating with members of the Care Management team to identify patients at high risk for adverse medication-related outcomes across the continuum of care (during hospitalization, at transitions, and within the ambulatory care environment)
4. Communicating with patients and their caregivers, providers and other members of health care teams across Lahey Health
5. Documenting patient-care activities within the medical record and care management system
6. Researching medication coverage and costs to assist with development of prescribing and care management resources
7. Travelling, at times, to hospitals and practice sites within Lahey Health, and patient home visits.
Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Health Confidentiality policy.
Incorporate Lahey Health Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities.
Comply with all Lahey Health Policies.
Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High school graduate with college degree preferred.
Licensure, Certification & Registration: Certified Pharmacy Technician with Licensure in good standing in the state of Massachusetts
Experience: Two to five years of experience in retail pharmacy and/or managed care environment preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- MS Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook required; Experience with databases preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with healthcare professionals and patients in person and telephonically
- Ability to research and analyze medical literature, drug information, evidence based guidelines and pharmacy and cost utilization data.
- Motivational Interviewing skills preferred
- Knowledge of Massachusetts / national Prescription Assistance Programs.
This is a part-time, 20-hour per week position.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.