Search Our Jobs
Dosing Nurse, Gloucester Opioid Treatment Program (per diem)Job ID 143779 Date posted 04/22/2018
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, provides methadone dosing services to clinic clientele. Is accountable for safely managing the administration of medication and monitoring effectiveness.
1. Conducts nursing assessment and administers medications as ordered. Provides thorough and timely documentation.
2. Assesses patients as needed for impairment.
3. Documents client concerns on a daily basis.
4. Provides patient education and referrals.
5. Enters prescriptions into electronic client record.
6. Transcribes doctor?s orders
7. Generates and reviews reports
8. Adheres to agency medical policies and procedures.
9. Complies with regulations governing controlled substances including but not limited to counting, administering and documenting of such substances. Maintains adequate inventory of controlled substances.
10. Maintains open communication with Nurse Manager regarding patient needs, changes in status and any medical or psychiatric concerns or emergencies.
11. Other related duties as assigned.
Current Massachusetts license as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse and current CPR certification required. Experience working in an addiction treatment setting preferred.
Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Manages difficult or emotional client situations; Responds promptly to client needs and maintains confidentiality.
Flexible schedule, per diem
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The physical and demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Every effort will be made to provide reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with temporary or permanent disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. However, this is not always possible.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.