Search Our Jobs
Registered Nurse Per DiemJob ID 143377 Date posted 04/27/2018
Works collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team in a crisis stabilization unit. Provides crisis intervention and performs clinical screening/assessments of children and adults' mental health, substance use, and physical health needs.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Assesses the presence of behavioral health conditions of clients in crisis.
2. Assures collection of appropriate assessment and screening information, to include bio-psycho-social information, psychiatric and medication history, alcohol/drug information.
3. Responsible and accountable for the quality of nursing care delivered, and establishes/oversees medication administration according to the Nurse Practitioner or Physician?s order.
4. Monitors the biomedical status and conditions of all clients admitted. Timely and accurately records and reports all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments, and changes in the client?s safety status in the medical file and to their supervisor.
5. Participates in treatment team meetings, assists with development of care plans, and reports directly to the Nurse Manager/Program Director any issues for shift report.
6. Collaborates with other members of the team in providing health information and maintenance of the medical record.
7. Monitors the patient milieu for safety issues and assists with promoting a positive therapeutic environment.
8. Assists in the admitting, discharging and transferring process ensuring that patient safety is addressed.
9. Complies with organization and program specific policies and procedures.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Registered Nurse/LPN with experience in the field of mental health and/or substance abuse.
Current Massachusetts nursing license, CPR, and related 2 years? experience in the field of mental health and/or substance abuse.
Must demonstrate ability to relate and desire work with a diverse client population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation. Manages difficult or emotional situations; responds promptly to client needs. Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming and maintains confidentiality.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number 143377 to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.