Search Our Jobs
Group Leader and Therapeutic Mentor BeverlyJob ID 143409 Date posted 04/22/2018
The Youth Group Leader plans and facilitates groups of children or teens, ages 5-19 that focus on social and emotional skill building, community integration, and educational and vocational preparation.
1. Provide Therapeutic Mentoring or group interventions to youth and families within the community.
2. Support, coach and train the youth in age-appropriate behaviors.
3. Collaborate, as appropriate, with other providers and natural supports of families served.
4. Complete timely and accurate documentation to reflect services provided.
5. Staff person can only bill for services rendered and those that are billable according to the specifications.
6. Person carries a caseload as assigned.
7. Communicate with Managed Care Entities to ensure authorization for services provided.
8. Meet productivity standard for hours worked.
9. Meet standards as established by Performance Specifications.
10. Build and adjust schedule as necessary to meet the needs of persons served. Afternoon/evening hours are required.
11. Attend agency required trainings.
12. Uphold values and mission of Individual and Family Flexible Support Services (IFFSS).
13. Other related duties as assigned.
Listens and gets clarification when needed; responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from consumers, regulatory agencies, or other service providers.
A qualified candidate must have a Bachelor?s Degree in a human services field form an accredited university/college and 6 months experience working with children/adolescents/transition aged youth/families; or Associates Degree in a human services field from an accredited school and 1 year of experience working with the target population; or High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 2 years of experience working with children/adolescents/transition aged youth.
Must be a team player and have good communication and organizational skills.
A working knowledge of computers and ability to complete documentation electronically is required. In addition the ability to complete written documentation timely and effectively.
Availability on Saturday mornings/afternoons required, senior program staff are able to work towards having a weekday schedule
Must be able and willing to transport persons served. As such, all qualified candidates must have a valid
driver's license, good driving record, and reliable vehicle. Travel and an ability to meet persons served in a variety of outreach settings is required.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.nebhealth.org/careers/. Use the Job ID number 143409 to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note, you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.