Search Our Jobs
Therapeutic MentorJob ID 142544 Date posted 04/28/2018
A Therapeutic Mentor offers a structured, one?to?one, strength?based support service with a youth for the purpose of addressing daily living, social, and communication needs. The objective of these services are to support and extend therapeutic gains made during treatment; and monitor and, if necessary, reintervene to provide additional services to prevent or address additional problems.
1. Provides therapeutic mentoring to youth and families in the community.
2. Supports, coaches, and trains youth in age-appropriate behaviors. In addition, supports and coaches interpersonal communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution.
3. Assists the youth with relating appropriately to other children and adolescents, as well as adults, in recreational and social activities pursuant to a behavioral health treatment plan developed by an outpatient, In-Home Therapy provider or Individual Care Plan (ICP) for youth with ICC in concert with the family and youth whenever possible.
4. Collaborates, as appropriate, with other providers and natural supports of families served.
5. Completes timely and accurate documentation to reflect services provided.
6. Staff person can only bill for services rendered and those that are billable according to the specifications.
7. Carries a caseload as assigned and meets the required minimum caseload of four clients.
8. Communicates with Managed Care Entities to ensure authorization for services provided.
9. Meets standards as established by Performance Specifications Therapeutic Mentoring.
10. Participates in weekly supervision with a licensed clinician.
11. Builds and adjusts schedule as necessary to meet the needs of persons served. Afternoon/evening hours are required. Staff must be willing to schedule and hold appointments on weekends based upon the needs of the families served.
12. Attends organization required trainings.
13. Upholds values and mission of Children's Behavioral Health Initiative.
14. Other related duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications for Therapeutic Mentors include:
21 years of age or older, and
Bachelor's Degree in a human services field from an accredited university and one (1) year experience working with children/adolescents/transition aged youth; or
Associate's Degree in a human services field from an accredited school and one (1) year of experience working with the target population; or
High school diploma or GED and a minimum of two (2) years of experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth and,
A qualified candidate must be a team player and have good communication and organizational skills.
Must be able and willing to transport persons served. As such, must have a valid driver's license, good driving record, and reliable vehicle. Travel and an ability to meet persons served in a variety of outreach settings is required.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.nebhealth.org/careers Use the Job ID number 142544 to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.