Search Our Jobs
Case Manager, Boston Treatment CenterJob ID 146916 Date posted 04/22/2018
The Case Manager has the responsibility for providing case management services to individuals who are detoxing from drug and/or alcohol. This includes assessing service needs; counseling, developing plans for access to services, liaison with client, families, programs, and service providers.
1. Assumes individual case load which involves conducting individual intake evaluation and counseling sessions, providing referral to continuing care, and sharing responsibility for group programming.
2. Obtains and documents in a precise and timely matter all relevant intake material. Assesses patients? continuing care needs, contacts appropriate aftercare resources and arranges for transfer or admission to appropriate rehabilitation facilities and/or liaison with self-help organizations.
3. Shares responsibility for education and other group programming, including recreation.
4. Attends staff meetings and supervisory sessions.
5. Responsible for all necessary paperwork and record keeping as directed.
6. Participates in client evaluations and case conferences.
7. When possible and/or requested, provided referrals for affected family members to self-help programs.
8. Coordinate client?s transportation to next level of care.
9. Other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree (BA) or equivalent preferred; or Associates degree in Human Services field; two to three years related experience and/or training in the area of chemical dependency. Knowledge of relevant community resources for continuing care/aftercare placement.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations; Certified Addiction Counselor (CAC) preferred.
Must be able to complete on-site CPR training/certification.
Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation. Manages difficult or emotional client situations; Responds promptly to client needs. Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
Part time, 16 hours per week, benefited position
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.