Search Our Jobs
Registered Nurse, Hill HouseJob ID 147161 Date posted 05/09/2018
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, Program Director and Medical Director provides high quality nursing care to the youth being treated at the residential facility. Oversees medication administration and documentation for the program. Interfaces with psychiatrists and primary care physicians to coordinate care for all youth. Assesses youth's physical and psychological condition on an ongoing basis throughout the continuum of care.
1. Responsible and accountable for the quality of nursing care delivered, and oversees medication administration protocol.
2. Monitors youth for any physical or dental conditions requiring treatment. As needed, schedules 30 day medical screenings and 7 day dental screenings according to appropriate contracts.
3. Participates in referring youth to appropriate medical or dental services and ensures necessary aftercare linkages and appointments for ongoing medical care needs are met.
4. Monitors youths' compliance with medication and ensures appropriate documentation is completed.
5. Provides instruction and training to all staff as is ordered/directed/necessary.
6. Communicates with treatment team regarding youth needs, changes in status, and all emergencies regarding medical or psychiatric condition.
7. Coordinates medical and dental resources for appropriate youth within the community in conjunction with family.
8. Works collaboratively with staff and youth to model and coach the tenants of Sanctuary, such as the SELF and the Seven Commitments. Nursing staff are considered an integral member of the core team for Sanctuary activities in the residential/educational setting.
9. Complies with organization personnel policies and procedures as well as with policies and procedures specific to the facility.
10. Coordinates medication clinic per site and performs associated duties on the scheduled days of med clinic. Alternative schedules require approval from VP of Youth Services.
11. Facilitates and coordinates communication with psychiatrist as needed.
12. Participates in on-call duties as required (applicable for RN only).
13. Implements nursing care plans when necessary.
14. As needed, cover shifts in other programs within the Youth Division.
15. Additional related duties as directed.
Valid and current Massachusetts licensure as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, current certification in CPR.
Must demonstrate ability to relate and desire work with a diverse adolescent population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation. Manages difficult or emotional situations; responds promptly to youth needs. Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming and maintains confidentiality.
Computer literate in standard desktop applications such as Windows, Word, and Excel.
Flexible 30 - 40 hours per week
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.