Search Our Jobs
Supervisor Medical Assistant NeurosurgeryJob ID 147373 Date posted 04/22/2018
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but are not limited to:
1. Oversees day-to-day Station activity and patient flow
2. Supervises 21 - 25 Medical Assistants, including Team Leaders through individual supervision and team meetings.
3. Interviews candidates and recommends for hire. Interviews and recommends selection of new employees, provides performance appraisals and coaching, recommends salary increases, promotions/demotions/ dismissals of employees with unsatisfactory work or behavior, recommend disciplinary action as necessary.
4. Performs Medical Assistant functions as needed.
5. Is responsible for staff scheduling and coordinates processing of time cards.
6. Using bump up criteria refers problematic issues to the GIM Performance improvement Coordinator or Director of Clinical Services.
7. Develops teaching tools and performance standards for clinical staff.
8. Orients staff members and others to the department as requested.
9. Is alert to Quality Assurance and CQI issues as well as to unsafe working conditions. Notifies manager of concerns.
10. The colleague demonstrates an understanding of the Guiding Principles by incorporating them into their daily activities. The Guiding Principles are: Respect, Caring, Teamwork, Excellence, and Commitment to Personal Best.
11. Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
12. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
13. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
14. Demonstrates an understanding of job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
15. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to our Customer service standards.
16. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
17. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
18. Performs all other duties as needed or directed.
Education: Highs School Diploma, Associate's degree preferred
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Current Assessment Based Recognition in Order Entry (ABR-OE) credential through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Excellent customer service skills, Proven ability to manage staff and ability to multitsk effectvely. Proficiency in word and excel.
Experience: At least three years experience as a Clinic Assistant with demonstrated good performance in a fast-paced setting.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.