Search Our Jobs
Endoscopy SchedulerJob ID 147352 Date posted 04/22/2018
Under the general direction of the Clinic Manager, performs duties relative to the endoscopy booking process of patients requiring a procedure. Coordinates the various components of the endoscopy scheduling process including: interviewing patients to obtain their procedure preference date, special considerations/requests from the patient; entering this information into the endoscopy scheduling data base; scheduling procedures and performing other clerical duties related to scheduling patients to the Endoscopy, Gastroenterology and Colon & Rectal Surgery Departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Manages and communicates information through various processes, which include, but are not limited to the following: computers and telephone/paging systems.
2) Consistently maintains a courteous, helpful, and professional manner with all interactions with all customers.
3) Coordinates patient procedures with the anesthesiologist to ensure appropriate room and anesthesia availability.
4) Schedules patient endosocopy procedures into the Endoscopy Scheduling System promptly, in a manner that provides the best possible outcome for the patient, while abiding by departmental protocols and procedures.
5) Prepares surgical schedule for the following day and notifies anesthesia, endoscopy and other appropriate personnel of any patients added on the schedule.
6) Notifies physician, Endoscopy, and/or Anesthesia Department of any changes once the schedule has been finalized and sent out.
7) Coordinates any necessary arrangements with other departments, e.g. Anesthesia, Bronchoscopy and other staff and departments.
8) Mails patient prep instructions, diets, special instructions as indicated by test and, if required, order prep medication through Pocketscripts.
9) Assists co-workers when short-staffed and performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
10) Enters daily statistics into Endoscopy Scheduling System database with expectation of 100% accuracy.
11) Runs daily statistical and error reports from the Endoscopy Scheduling System database (Manage Case Records reports).
12) Organizational Requirements:
Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic Confidentiality Policy.
Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent work experience in a hospital or physician office setting preferred. Completion of Medical Terminology Course or relevant experience.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Strong communication skills and exceptional patient relation and customer service skills are critical.
Experience: 2 years experience in medical environment. Familiarity with policies and procedures, understanding of scheduling requirements, medical terminology and knowledge of surgical procedure requirements, computer entry and legalities of signing consents forms with accuracy, and screening of medical and financial information.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.