Search Our Jobs
Manager Enterprise SystemsJob ID 136077 Date posted 07/27/2018
The Enterprise Systems Manager (Manager) is responsible for coordinating all of the technical aspects of the server and storage. The Manager reports to the Director of Enterprise Systems. The Manager requires a general understanding of overall technical infrastructure, including servers and storage.
Manages departmental staff and workflow, Participates in quality improvement initiatives. Participates in the budget process and operates within budget. Maintains departmental policies. Supports the educational initiatives of the department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
Coordination responsibilities include:
1. Be a liaison between the technical team and the application team.
2. Manage the technical requirements that are necessary to keep the Epic application on track understood, clearly communicated, and executed on time.
3. Maintain close communication with the Epic application representatives.
4. Manage the mid-range server systems and enterprise storage environments.
5. Coordinate server and hardware deployment that is needed to support the Epic system.
6. Manage large technical integration issues, including setting up timelines, following up on progress that teams have made to ensure solutions are established in a timely manner and within budget, and coordinating appropriate resources to manage issues.
7. Coordinate interface considerations with the interface manager. For example, the technical lead will ensure the interface manager plans interface analysis, manages the interface project plans and key milestones, and coordinates with ancillary departments to secure interface testing resources.
8. Manages departmental staff and workflow. Addresses performance issues, counsels colleagues. Makes recommendations and decisions re promotions, demotions, raises, performance appraisals, hiring, transferring and firing. Collaborates with Human Resources as appropriate. Participates in workforce management, hiring, interviewing and selection processes. Monitors performance of staff. Mentors and empowers staff. Manages daily workflow.
9. Participates in the budget process and operates within budget, promoting departmental efficiency.
10. Develops, updates, implements, and enforces departmental policies.
Technical responsibilities include:
1. Manage error log management (interface or other messages).
2. Monitor system performance using System Pulse and other tools.
3. Manage the timing of Epic software maintenance.
4. Develop, communicate, and manage the Epic server and storage strategy.
5. Work with application teams and the project director to develop technical downtime and recovery processes and facilitate technical setup of downtime reporting.
6. Support application coordinators to manage imports and other technical tasks.
General responsibilities include:
1. Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Health Confidentiality policy
2. Incorporate Lahey Health Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
3. Comply with all Lahey Clinic Policies
4. Coordinate an environment strategy, including data migration methods and schedules.
5. Develop and publish the data migration timelines with the project manager.
6. Establish a management process for nightly batch processes.
7. Work with application teams and the project director to develop technical downtime and recovery processes and facilitate technical setup of downtime reporting.
8. Support application coordinators to manage imports and other technical tasks.
Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Health Confidentiality policy.
Incorporate Lahey Health Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities.
Comply with all Lahey Health Policies.
Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems, Business, or Computer Science or a related field
Licensure, Certification & Registration: None
Experience: At least five (5) years of Information Systems support and systems supervisory experience
At least three (3) year experience implementing, designing, and / or managing Electronic Health Record and / or clinical networks, systems technologies, products and devices
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Ability to gather a variety of departmental and organizational goals, strategies and plans and compile them into an integrated plan with appropriate tasks with timelines and resource assignments
Demonstrated organization, verbal, written and inter-personal skills
Excellent leadership, management, analytical, problem solving and technical skills
Strong knowledge of clinic and hospital clinical practices
Familiarity with clinical systems such as Epic Systems
Ability to manage multiple projects with aggressive timelines
Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
Demonstrated skills in strategic and critical thinking, negotiation and relationship building
Exhibit the highest values of excellence, integrity and innovation
Experience with change management
Problem solver, consensus builder, results oriented with ability to quickly take action to achieve goals
Energetic, self-confident, persuasive
Solid technical grounding, project management and implementation experience
Experience working with a variety of vendors and implementing and supporting multiple products
Proven leadership abilities and comprehensive knowledge of healthcare information systems
Capable of using Micro-Soft Windows Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook , Visio and Project
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.