Search Our Jobs
Security Officer 20 hrs Every Weekend 7:00am- 5:30pmJob ID 146098 Date posted 05/22/2018
Provides security and protection for patients, visitors, and colleagues, as well as buildings and grounds. May be called upon to provide assistance in many different circumstances, settings and weather.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Monitoring and Reporting - Patrols assigned areas on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress, and unauthorized persons. Conducts periodic inspections of all areas at designated times to ascertain their conditions of security and safety. Perform monthly preventative maintenance and required equipment checks, i.e.: elevator phones, outside emergency phones, vehicle equipment, door alarms and panel, building alarms, fire alarm panel, all doors and locks and radio equipment. Prepares logs or reports as required for post, writes or types reports entering information in a computer.
2) Enforcement - Directs vehicle and pedestrian traffic. Issues parking citations for colleagues parked in unauthorized lots. Patrols designated areas and all parking areas. Checks for and issues proper identification of colleagues, and enforcing the wearing of ID badges. Issues temporary badges to Visitors and Vendors. Checks suspicious packages as directed.
3) Emergency Response - Responds to all Codes and alarms in accordance with the Safety Manual and the Emergency Management Policy. Coordinates with local Police, Fire, and Emergency personnel as directed. Responds to alarms initiated by fire crash bars on exterior doors. Responds to elevator entrapments. Respond to and investigate reported thefts, disturbances and incidents. Responds to medical emergency call such as slips or falls in the facility or on the grounds, provide an emergency stretcher as needed, and assists with transport within building, awaiting ambulance as the case warrants.
4) Patient Observation - Performs patient watch or observation as directed. Responds appropriately to a variety of human service issues, including domestic abuse, substance abuse, forensic patients, psychiatric cases, and anxious/upset visitors. Maintain composure and professional demeanor in an occasionally chaotic environment. Practices universal precautions. Restrains patients as necessary utilizing de-escalation techniques.
5) Fire Prevention - Identifies and reports fire safety hazards. Keep fire exits, fire doors, corridor access and extinguishing equipment clear. Immediately notify appropriate personnel when equipment may be out of order and in need of repair or replacement.
6) Colleague and Patient Assistance - Provides assistance to patients, visitors, and colleagues with vehicle problems, such as jump starts, lock outs, shoveling, contacting AAA etc. Using a Lahey Clinic vehicle, transports patients and colleagues between buildings and designated parking lots.
7) Courier - Responsible for multiple daily bank and pharmacy details. Delivers payroll to various buildings. Delivers large deposits from Dietary, Cashiers, Wall Street and others to area banks. Delivers or accompanies daily cash trays from Dietary, Gift Shop and Credit Union checks. Retrieves and delivers pharmacy items, such as vaccines, alcohol, and narcotics. Retrieves and delivers stat charts, specimens, x-rays and other equipment from Lab, Radiology, Health Information Management (H.I.M.) to off site facilities.
8) Notifies the Maintenance Department of changing weather conditions as it relates to snow removal and sanding for the safety of patients, visitors, and colleagues.
9) Coordinates with Funeral Home staff for removal of deceased patients, verifies that accompanying legal documents are complete, records pathology statistics and processes paperwork.
10) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles and Mission Statement into daily activities.
11) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
12) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
13) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
14) Demonstrates an understanding of job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
15) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to our Customer Service standards.
16) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
17) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
18) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Current valid drivers license required.
1 years Security experience, or currently enrolled in a Criminal Justice degree/program
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Observant, paying close attention to detail; Ability to remain calm in difficult situations; Adaptable to sometimes rapidly changing situations; Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively across diverse cultures and at various social and educational levels. Basic computer and data entry skills. In the absence of a particular skill, colleague must have the ability to be trained to a level of proficiency.
WEEKEND, 10hr shifts, Saturday, Sunday, and ALL holidays Day Shift.
7:00am - 5:30pm
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.