Search Our Jobs
Outpatient Physical Therapist I 40 hrs 1st shiftJob ID 146125 Date posted 04/22/2018
Under the supervision of the manager and working within their scope of practice as part of a multidisciplinary team, the Physical Therapist I assesses, plans, organizes, and participates in rehabilitative programs that improve or restore physical function, alleviate pain and prevent dysfunction in patients with impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or changes in physical function and health status from injury, disease or other causes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Patient Care Examination:
• Examines patient using appropriate testing methods and instrumentation, appropriately records and interprets all findings, and identifies patient needs.
• Formulates a detailed assessment based upon findings of the examination.
• Develops treatment plan and patient outcomes, incorporating the input of the patient, their family and other health professionals. Ensures that the plan and outcomes are functional, time-based, and measurable, and incorporates diagnosis, prognosis, physical/mental status and anticipated lifestyles.
2) Treatment Planning and Intervention:
• Safely and effectively implements the treatment intervention. Applies sound clinical judgment and skill.
• Engages a high degree of patient motivation and cooperation in treatment, as evidenced by patient compliance with treatment intervention.
• Provides patient/family education during therapy and in preparation for discharge.
• Conducts ongoing assessments of the patient?s status and revises treatment intervention, goals & outcomes as appropriate.
3) Discharge Planning:
• Initiates discharge planning. Incorporates patient/family input in the education process. Participates in multidisciplinary patient care planning.
• Consults with other allied health professionals as needed.
• Discontinues unproductive treatment to patients where indicated. Transfers patient to nursing or other appropriate staff when physical therapy services are no longer required, or when the patient has achieved their treatment goals and outcomes.
• Documents discharge summary per department policy.
4) Patient Care Documentation:
• Thoroughly and accurately maintains all medical record documentation in accordance with the department policy and procedures.
• Documents the initial evaluation, daily treatment notes, reassessments and discharge summaries in the medical record according to the standards defined in the department policy and procedure.
5) Productivity / statistics
• Meets department standards for productivity.
• Delegates tasks to support staff when appropriate.
• Daily statistics are completed by the end of the business day in accordance with the department policy.
• Applies a thorough knowledge of Quality Improvement Initiatives within the department and organization, and assists in data collection.
6) Training, Education, and Information Sharing
• Attends internal and external educational programs and reads appropriate professional journals, in order to maintain and enhance Physical Therapy skills and clinical outcomes.
• Shares knowledge and skills with co-workers.
7) Career Development
• Develops and maintains physical therapy skills and knowledge of Lahey Rehabilitation Services Career Ladder as described in the ?Rehabilitation Services Career Ladder Documentation?.
8) Organizational Requirements:
• Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Confidentiality Policy.
• Incorporates Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
• Complies with all Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Policies. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Hospital and Medical Center.
• Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
• Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
• Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
• Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
• Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: BS Physical Therapy from an accredited program.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Active MA Physical Therapy license.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Knowledge of Physical Therapy theory and practice.
• Ability to observe, assess and record objecitve findings, symptoms, reactions and progress. Skills in critical judgement and thinking.
• Ability to effectively communicate medical information, test results, diagnoses, and/or proposed treatment in a manner easily understood by the patient. Clear and effective oral and written communication.
• Knowledge of Physical Therapy services, facilities and equipment.
• Ability to assess individual patient needs.
• Skill in maintaining patient medical record.
• Knowledge of range of therapy methods and techniques.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety and/or infection control standards.
• Ability to use independent judgement and to manage and impart confidential information.
DAYS, Mon - Fri 8 hour shifts (Required to work 2 evenings until 8pm Mon - Thurs)
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.