Search Our Jobs
Housekeeper I - 40hrs days 7:00am-3:30 pm, plus every other weekendJob ID 137289 Date posted 06/23/2018
Under close supervision from the department supervisors or lead persons, this entry level position provides daily cleaning of assigned work areas as defined by a work schedule. Employees are also responsible for handling emergency calls for cleaning issues, for example, spills or refilling paper or chemical supplies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Cleans assigned areas of the facility using the 7 step cleaning procedure: (1) high dusting, (2) dry mop floor, (3) damp wipe all horizontal services and spot clean walls, (4) clean bathroom, (5) empty trash and replace with clean liner, (6) wet mop the floor, and (7) self inspect your work, to ensure a clean environment for patients and staff. Work schedules are expected to be completed thoroughly by the end of each shift.
2. Uses the proper cleaning chemical for the specific task it is designed, and never mixes or puts chemical in an inappropriately labeled bottle.
3. Responds to emergency cleaning requests within five minutes of receiving the instruction.
4. Will move furniture, relocate beds, and stock supplies as requested by supervisor.
5. Is aware of pertinent Right to Know information and proper fire safety response.
6. Responsible for completing all tasks requested by supervisor in timely manner and with a positive attitude.
Education: No minimum education required.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: N/A
Skills: This is an entry level position, skills may be learned on the job.
1st shift 40 hours, Monday-Friday; every other weekend.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.