Search Our Jobs
Food Service Worker Per DiemJob ID 145304 Date posted 07/19/2018
Under the direction of the Supervisor and in accordance with established guidelines, performs a variety of tasks associated with simple food preparation, the assembly, and the delivery of patient trays, including portioning, wrapping, slicing, and preparing salads and sandwiches.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Stocks assigned stations accurately according to established par levels for all items (100%).
2) Follows specified dating procedure for all menu items and discards all food items after three days.
3) Labels and dates all opened foods such as protein salads and canned fruits.
4) Uses proper scoop or spoodle sizes, for all portioned items
5) Always follows what is specifically on recipe cards.
6) Prepares and dates cake, custards, fruit, jello per recipe.
7) Delivers and retrieves all patient meals in a timely manner.
8) Double checks that patient names and room number on the menu matches with the patient on the floor when delivering all trays to ensure accurate identification of the patient.
9) Always serves food at the appropriate temperature per HACCP regulations.
10) Quickly and accurately sets up late trays, always comparing the menu to items on the tray for accurate set up
11) Cleans and sanitizes work area in a ?clean as you go? manner, cleaning any equipment and small carts after use.
12) Completes daily cleaning assignments as posted and as directed by supervisor.
13) Prepares tube feedings and special nourishments
14) Prepares sandwiches during trayline
15) Wears proper Lahey Clinic ID Badge while on Lahey Campus
16) Wear plastic gloves when handling ready to eat foods.
17) Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
18) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles and Mission Statement into daily activities.
18) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
19) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic
20) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
21) Demonstrates an understanding of job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment..
22) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to our Customer Service standards.
23) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
24) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
25) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department
Education: Pursuing high school diploma or GED
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Ability to speak and read English; Ability to follow written and oral instructions; customer service orientation
Experience: On-the-job training
VARIABLE/PER DIEM, 4-8pm with every other weekend and some holidays
This is NOT a summer job.
Free parking! Come join our talented Food Services team!
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.