Search Our Jobs
Prep Cook 14 hrs 1st shiftJob ID 143854 Date posted 04/22/2018
Under the general supervision of the Production Manager and within established hospital and department policies provides direct supervision over functional area which includes: responsibility for salad and cold food production for cafeteria, patient services and functions. Supervises salad attendants while fulfilling production requirements which will be set up in conjunction with the Executive Chef.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles and Mission Statement into daily activities
Communicates often and respectfully to facilitate problem solving
Cares about and acts to meet patient and colleague needs; facilitates service
Demonstrates teamwork and cooperation in supporting department services
Practices accountability and professionalism
Commits to personal best excellence of service
2) Establishes work plan with coworkers ensuring timely completion of assigned tasks.
3) Washes and prepares produce for various uses as per HACCP regulations.
4) Prepares salad mixtures, cold menu items, catering items ensuring proper temperature as per HACCP regulations.
5) Assists in training and evaluation salad attendants.
6) Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of work area, equipment, utensils and cafeteria salad bar.
7) Ensures cleanliness and order in produce box.
8) Ensure all products are wrapped, labeled, dated, and rotated.
9) Attend to salad bar during lunch as needed.
10) Attends all inservices.
11) Wears gloves when handling ready to eat foods.
12) Wear proper Lahey Clinic ID Badge and hand-washing badge while on Lahey Campus
13) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
14) Demonstrates an understanding of job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment
15) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
16) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
17) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
High school graduate or equivalent required
Ability to speak and read English
Good verbal communication skills
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Ability to lift objects up to 30 pounds and push cart weighting 100 pounds
Entire shift spent standing or walking, bending
Demonstrated knife skills; able to follow recipes
Manual dexterity with both hands required
Must work with potentially hazardous equipment such as knives, meal slicer and buffalo chopper
Two years food service production experience required
Some supervisory experience preferred or demonstrated supervisory ability
Ability to interact with the public
DAYS; Wednesday; Sunday; every other weekend - 14.8 hours
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.